Ski Companies As A Supplier

For discussions related to the type of materials to build skis/snowboards and where to get them.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

kirol

Ski Companies As A Supplier

Post by kirol »

If you don't have the resources or need to buy in huge bulk from a manufacturer (edges, ptex, etc...) but want more than would be practical through ski builders I thought of going through a ski company. Has anyone done this or know of it happening? I will probably try Burton because they have a factory in the US and probably Karhu.
plywood

Re: Ski Companies As A Supplier

Post by plywood »

i tried it in switzerland. it really depends on the company. some are just assholes and won`t give you stuff because of...they just don`t want to help you out.
then there are bigger companies - and they just got prebent edges...so also not really what you need.
and then there are some very small companies, not so conventional ones, that started also as hobbyists and tried to made their hobby to their profession. i made some really good experiences with such companies - normalli just 2,3 people...and they really helped me out, not just with material but also with knowledge. i think it`s basically because they once were in the same position as you are now.

so it really depends on who you`re talking to. good luck ;)

an other opportunity would be, if you need bigger quantities, to ask the suppliers directly.
plywood freeride industries - go ply, ride wood!