cnc router/ press heater

For discussions related to designing and making ski/snowboard-building equipment, such as presses, core profilers, edge benders, etc.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

chaka

cnc router/ press heater

Post by chaka »

Hi guys, nice summer? hope so.

My projects keep going on, 3 pairs built already (none tested, i´ll have to wait til november) thanks everybody at this forum for your knowledge and support.

Some questions. First about cnc routers: Maybe i buy a secon handed big (but cheap) one for cutting bases, dye cuts and templates . But i have some doubts about it. How should i put the bases on the router table to cut them? how many can i cut at the same time time? can i shape an dye cut the base at the same time?should i clamp them? (i´m using ims bases).

My other question is about press heating. I´m using an ambient cure spanish brand of epoxy but i´m going to get into west systems now that i have found a good supplier here in Spain (i get a 35% discount) and i´m planning to heat my press from the buttom.
Any experience with west systems 105 and heat? Those of you using this resin how much do you heat the press? how much time do you cure the skis? What hardener do you use?

Thaks a lot.
RIDE WITH PRIDE