Valves used to connect a compressor to the fire hose

For discussions related to ski/snowboard construction/design methods and techniques.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

madclimber03

Valves used to connect a compressor to the fire hose

Post by madclimber03 »

I have finished my press and have my fire hose, now i just need some advise on how to connect my compressor to my hose. Do i need a special valve for the compressor to connect to or what? Any advise or links to sites that sell what i need would be very helpfull. Thanks
BerkshireSki

Post by BerkshireSki »

If you haven't built your valve for your bladder check out the following discussion. http://www.skibuilders.com/phpBB2/viewt ... dder+valve

As for the valves, go to your local hardware store and find the quick connects and valves by the compressors. I got mine at Home Depot and they are fairly straight forward.
madclimber03

Post by madclimber03 »

Thanks a lot for posting that link. I was able to see the exact part numbers and the quantity of the parts i needed on his web page. It was only 25 dollars and i don't have to use glue to keep it from leaking.
rockaukum

Post by rockaukum »

Hey Mad,
I used a $3 part and have pressed 2 sets of skis and a snowboard. No leaks. Just drill a hole in the hose, push the valve through and tighten the nut down = Done!