Take pride

Document your personal work here. Show photos, movies, and share your secrets.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

BLOODTYPEZX10R

Take pride

Post by BLOODTYPEZX10R »

I figured this would be the best place to post this:

Recently I met with a local group of Alpine snowboarders and we had a great time. One of the guys just placed an order for his first new alpine board he would own. I suspect he has been riding for years, possibly decades. Every other board he has owned have been hand-downs or used purchases.
I am not bragging, and most of you will understand this. I have never owned a used snowboard (I have been riding since 1979), I have ridden only my boards for decades and I have snowboards that noone else has ever touched but me! No distributor, no shipper, no pro shop.

Take pride in what you do and call it your own-BECAUSE IT IS!

The only bitch of this whole story is I have no idea why he did not contact me so I could build his custom board. He and I ride together until we can't possibly make another run and have a great time. Never has he ever had to wait for me to catch up or make repairs to my board or whatever. My boards perform most admirably. This is the part of this business I don't understand.
FigmentOriginal

Post by FigmentOriginal »

The majority of Alpine boards are made in small mom and pop shops and are custom made. Try going down to your local ski shop to buy a new alpine board. Its a small percentage in ski/snowboard industry, and the riders take much pride in their ride.