Drawing of a mold

For discussions related to designing and making ski/snowboard-building equipment, such as presses, core profilers, edge benders, etc.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

M.F

Drawing of a mold

Post by M.F »

I have never made skis before and therefore I'm wondering if anyone could show me pictures or drawing of your molds.

Where do I buy inserts?
Those who are shown on "howto guide" are they standard for all bindings?
G-man

Post by G-man »

Welcome M.F,

There are lots and lots of images of molds in the Equipment and Tools forum section. You'll just need to commit a few hours to exploring.

Inserts are available through CAMAX. See the links page for contact info. Maybe inserts are even available from the Skibuilder's store... can't remember at the moment.

Unfortunately, there is currently no standard binding mount hole pattern... maybe someday... after I'm long dead and gone :) .

In all honesty, you'll benefit greatly if you take a month or so to read over as much as you can of the information contained on the site and in the forum (it took me about that long... almost day and night). There's already a ton of basic information about how to get going on building your first pair of skis. Questions on the forum are always welcome... I just think that you'll get farther ahead by reading whats already here, then asking questions about things you didn't find info on.

G-man
rockaukum

Post by rockaukum »

I would agree. I'll tell you that when I made my first sticks I wasn't sure about what I was doing or if I was doing the right thing... You will learn as you go and try to get past those uneasy feelings. I'm on my second set of sticks and first board and I have to contend with those same uneasy feelings every time! The skis work great and not sure about the board yet.
rockaukum