Elan race ski top sheets, what are they?

For discussions related to the type of materials to build skis/snowboards and where to get them.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

SCHÜSS

Elan race ski top sheets, what are they?

Post by SCHÜSS »

Is any one familiar with the Elan race ski topsheets, they are kind of golf ball dimple like.. Does any one know what the material is? and more importantly where would someone like me be able to get some in north america? i think aesthetically a top sheet that has some sort of glossy texture would make a fine addition!

schuss

SCHÜSS 2011
rockaukum

Post by rockaukum »

I saw something simular on the new G3 Reverand ski. They tout that it is scratch resistant too.
rockaukum
LordGlassbot

Post by LordGlassbot »

I saw something similar on a snowboard, but it was more snakeskine-alike, looked really cool actually
Chris Downing

Post by Chris Downing »

The new stockli race skis have the same 3D balls in the graphics. they move when you change the angle.
downing design
funkster

Post by funkster »

i think it´s this stuff:
(EDIT: i´m not yet allowed to post links. --> go to "faigle dot com", choose english language and look for their 3d-pattern surface foil)
they list elan as one of their customers.

i´m currently trying to get samples to use as a bottom cap for vacuumed foamcore skateboards.

also a related question: has anybody experiene if this (or standard) topsheet-material easily forms into 3d (ridged) surfaces at room temperature and under vacuum? or has it to be heated?
till now i just worked with hotcoated composites as final layers.

ps: this is my first post.
so hi everybody and thanks for such a great accumulation of practical advise and wisdom!
i hope i can contribute some of my knowlede as an industrial designer, model- and prototype maker.

cheers from germany
Cadman

Post by Cadman »