cat track

For discussions related to designing and making ski/snowboard-building equipment, such as presses, core profilers, edge benders, etc.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

alta pow skier

cat track

Post by alta pow skier »

I new and I havent quit learned all the terminology in the ski building world. So I was wondering what the catrack on presses are and if you could post some pictures so I coulde get a idea. Thanks.
-> leo wrote this <-
rockaukum

Post by rockaukum »

They help spread out the pressure evenly across the track. Good idea to put a layer between the cat track and the product so you do not get a rib look to the ski top
RA
hafte

Post by hafte »

Also have look at grafsnowboards. http://www.grafsnowboards.com/index.php?url=Home

They show the cat track in action adn some good details.

Hafte
alta pow skier

Post by alta pow skier »

Thanks for the link it showed alot about cattracks.

When I was watching the animation I noticed the press didn't have a top mold. I was wonding why it didn't and if that was a better way of pressing.
-> leo wrote this <-
setto

Post by setto »

i think a catrack is only a better solution when you want to use 2 firehose or a adjustable mold.

I have got a question, too! Do anybody think i can use another material than steel? I think of hardwood! Steel is very expensive!
plywood

Post by plywood »

of course you can. it`s just a matter of the dimensions. for my catrack i used 15mm plywood. with a 75mm diameter fire hose, just for one ski, so the cattrack is about 20cm wide. so it`s not that wide and there is not a very large area where there is no hose above the cattrack... and it works fine.
plywood freeride industries - go ply, ride wood!