need help in upstate NY! (or somewhere close)

For discussions related to designing and making ski/snowboard-building equipment, such as presses, core profilers, edge benders, etc.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Craig

need help in upstate NY! (or somewhere close)

Post by Craig »

Hey guys,

Time winding down in the northeast ski (building) season, and my friend and I have hit a snag. Our cheapo planer used to profile cores flat-lined last week, and I can't really find anything for sale at a reasonable price except another cheapo planer. I've never tried the router bridge method, and think it might be a little late to try to get it right for this season.

We were hoping to get out five to ten (maybe fifteen) pairs in the next month (!!!), and would try to reach out to anyone within 150 miles of Albany (Harry, my friend, is in Saratoga Springs) who might be able to provide some help with our cores.

We would certainly reimburse for your troubles. We are hoping to just run our cores, in our crib, through your planer. Or, if you have access to a CNC machine, this could be an ideal solution (we're currently looking for a commercial signmaker or machinist who would help us out in our project, but no luck so far - we're widening our search). We have the files made in AutoCAD 2007, but, being beginners at the digital side of this, don't know much about getting the solids and/or planes into a machinable format.

We also have just finished a brand spanking new press (its our second, pictures coming soon), so maybe we could help you out on this side of things.

If you think you might have the opportunity to help us out, I'd be grateful to hear from you.

cheers
Craig