Twisted race ski

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Alanprice1st

Twisted race ski

Post by Alanprice1st »

Hi everyone, hoping you may have an answer for me 🙏

I have a pair of new never used (never waxed apart from from the factory wax) bindings never been fitted, Atomic revoshock super g skis 212 length, that have a twist tip to tail.
When the skis are stood upright and placed together gently at the base then brought together at the tips, there is a 1.5mm gap on one side. The twist is all on one ski. When placed on a flat surface the ski is held away from the surface by the two highest points.
I contacted Atomic who advised me to contact the supplier.
I contacted the UK supplier who tells me this is within tolerance, when I asked what the tolerance was he didn’t have an answer.
I’m pretty sure that if used the ski, it will be catching edges and want to turn when going straight.
I would value you opinion on the problems I may encounter in using the ski as it is and also whether you think it can be straightened and if so how?
Thanks
pmg

Re: Twisted race ski

Post by pmg »

Hello Alan,

a 1.5mm gap is definitely way too much, especially for a race ski. It seems the one ski is either a faulty production or it was damaged somehow. I would definitely send the skis back to the reseller and get your money back. I am pretty sure Atomic will back up this opinion.

I would not try straightening the ski - if you can undo the twist it will mean that you break reinforcement fibres etc.

Best regards
Philipp