CNC edge bender ?

For discussions related to designing and making ski/snowboard-building equipment, such as presses, core profilers, edge benders, etc.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

MageUp

CNC edge bender ?

Post by MageUp »

Hey to everyone! May be somebody knows is there a some kind of CNC edge bender that you can buy? May be some companies in China or Europe are selling it or there is a possibility to buy used one?

Thank you! =)
mammuth

Re: CNC edge bender ?

Post by mammuth »

There is a chinese company, i did see a video some time ago. Sorry cant give you more detail, try to find it on YT
Tom
Cadman

Post by Cadman »

chrismp

Post by chrismp »

I always thought that the DI Wire Bender by Pensa Labs might have some potential to be modified into a kinda "cheap" edge bender for ski building.

Check it out here: https://www.pensalabs.com/diwire-pro
HH712

Post by HH712 »

This is funny I have been wanting one of these as well. Last summer I played around by building a prototype hand crank 3 ring bender with the intent to attach motors to make it fully automatic. The hope kind of faded when I realized how little time I had and how much an investment making this machine would be. I am studying mechanical engineering at Purdue and am looking to get some experience in machine design so this idea is getting back in my head.

Anyway all of this to say, if I designed and built a machine to do this, how many people would be interested in purchasing one? How much do you expect to pay? What kind of software interface would you want? I am trying to judge if solving this problem is a worthwhile investment for me.
Jdline

Post by Jdline »

Sean from Donek is making and selling cnc benders.
https://www.facebook.com/659541679/vide ... 329570427/
But it will cost you 10k