Heat blanket quesions

For discussions related to designing and making ski/snowboard-building equipment, such as presses, core profilers, edge benders, etc.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

HH712

Heat blanket quesions

Post by HH712 »

I am currently trying to buy heat blankets from Alibaba and frankly I'm afraid I am overlooking something. I think I am going to get two blankets 350 mm x 2000 mm and one digital thermostat controller. Can one controller control both heat blankets? Or do I need two controllers, one for each blanket? I also know the dimensions are probably way bigger than I'll ever make, but I figured I might as well go too big and have them hang out of the press as opposed to going too small. Is there issues with this that I am not seeing? I've never used heat blankets before and I want to make sure I'm informed before I throw a bunch of cash at them.
chrismp

Re: Heat blanket quesions

Post by chrismp »

If the controller has two channels and inputs for thermocouples it might work, otherwise definitely get a second controller as these blankets often vary in their heating, so you ideally want control over each blanket separately.