Printing Templates (autocad2005)

For discussions related to ski/snowboard construction/design methods and techniques.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Car_ve_diem

Printing Templates (autocad2005)

Post by Car_ve_diem »

I've run into some difficulty trying to print my template using my household printer. I can't seem to expand the "printable area" to anywhere near the size that i need.

In the tutorials it mentions "multi-page printing" and obviously thats what i'm attempting to do.

I'm a complete NEWB when it comes to CAD ( i really have no business even using it!) but really would like to utilize its accuracy for printing out an acurate template...

I called the local printing place (kinko's/mailboxes/upsstore) and was told they can't print .dwg or .dxf files...i went so far as to download a converter to put the files into .pdf format but the size got all distorted...

i know i am doing SOMETHING very wrong and would appreciate any suggestions...

thanks in advance for any support and also for a great website/forum/resource/source of inspiration.

-Carve the Day
rockaukum

Post by rockaukum »

I feel your pain! I am giving that portion of the project to my kid. He'll attempt to do it when he returns to High School after break.
Good Luck!
rockaukum
Car_ve_diem

phew!

Post by Car_ve_diem »

I GOT IT!!!

Just figured it out and its incredibly easy to do.

when you're done "drawing" go to: FILE>PLOT

select "DWF6eplot" and change other appropriate settings (scale and drawing orientation)

Hit "OK" and choose a name for your new ".dwf" file.

leave or close CAD and open the new file you've created in any .DWF viewer.

click "PRINT" > set scale to 100% > select "Tile Drawing" > Print.

thats all there was too it. hopefully this helps you as I had a heck of a time learning CAD and figuring this out over the last couple weeks.

-carve
PB

Post by PB »

Thanks for the info - I was wondering whether it was possible to do this but didn't have the patience to sit down and try and work it out !

ta