Ski Building Guide?

For discussions related to ski/snowboard construction/design methods and techniques.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

que

Ski Building Guide?

Post by que »

I'm trying to start building my first pair of skis, and through several sources I have sort of cobbled together an idea of how to do it, but I can find no one source that says how to make a pair of skis. I'm sure there must be some kinds of guides out there, would appreciate help in finding one.
chrismp

Re: Ski Building Guide?

Post by chrismp »

There are many different ways to build a ski, which is why there isn't really one single comprehensive guide. The thing that comes closest as far as I am aware of is the Wiki page made by one of the admins here, Head Monkey: http://www.happymonkeysnowboards.com/Mo ... /Main_Page
SleepingAwake

Post by SleepingAwake »

A lot of it comes down to what tools you have available to you as well. You really don't need a lot to get started, but the process will look different if you go at it with a router and jigsaw or with a CNC router and pneumatic press.

If you have specific questions we're happy to help tho.

This is how I used to make them a couple years back:
que

Post by que »

SleepingAwake wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:55 am A lot of it comes down to what tools you have available to you as well. You really don't need a lot to get started, but the process will look different if you go at it with a router and jigsaw or with a CNC router and pneumatic press.

If you have specific questions we're happy to help tho.

This is how I used to make them a couple years back:
I have found most of the resources I need now, but am looking for tips on how to design my core. Not finding a lot on how to design it online. I'm using SNOCAD and I have a bamboo core, and I am starting at 9 mm at middle, and tapering to 2mm at ends for tip/tail, but do not know how to design the slope in between the tip/tail and the middle
ACEisthePLACE

Post by ACEisthePLACE »

That's a pretty sweet video. I like the simplicity.
mikic1

Post by mikic1 »

Iv made a simple guide here, and you can find a simulator and snowcad here as well,
www.junksupply.com/wp-content/uploads/2 ... 1705691263

https://www.junksupply.com/design-software/

Hopefully its helpful.

M