Concept 3-D Model

Document your personal work here. Show photos, movies, and share your secrets.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

HH712

Concept 3-D Model

Post by HH712 »

Hi guys! I have started a YouTube Channel! I plan to document all of my builds on there, but I will still link them here on the forum. I am currently waiting for a time to press my current snowboard, so in the meantime I 3-D modeled an interesting design that I would love to try out. I got this idea when I thought it would be funky to have a true twin snowboard with swallowtail tips on both sides. The more I thought about it, the more I thought this would be a good park board because of the near weightless tips and the side cut radius spanning the whole board. I added a miny tip in between the tails with a steeper profile in order to prevent this low spot from digging in to the ground. This was another cool idea to me to have more than one profile at the tips. So anyway, I time-lapsed myself modeling this on Autodesk Inventor and posted it to my new YouTube channel. Here is the link:

I would love to hear your theories and insight on how this design would perform!

sidenote: I did not taper at the tips in my 3-D model just because I thought it was pointless to. Obviously you would taper your core down regularly if you were building this, I was just trying to show my wacky profile and shape.