Bending Endges, Make some money

For discussions related to ski/snowboard construction/design methods and techniques.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

SCHÜSS

Bending Endges, Make some money

Post by SCHÜSS »

Hey guys,

after finding this site in may, i have spent many hours reading its articles and threads, as well as referring to it almost continuosly. This lead to the creation of my first 2 home made skis. The Schuss SL and the schuss SL beta. As i live in australia, all testing was made here and we had great conditions for it aswell! so thanks in advance for all of your help! i will post here when i find some spare time, it has been busy, even since may.

The main problem i had was bending the edges. Ahhh the accuracy and consistancy issues i faced was fustrating! So i was wondering if any one here with a nice edge bending tool would like to make some money out of it? i am looking to build 2 more skis over the summer (your winter) and if any one is interested purchase 'pre-bent edge tips'. so not the whole edge but just the top section. I am willing to pay for each edge, labour and shipping in $US or $CAD or anything other currency. lol it would just save me alot of time! So yeah i will pay per edge, so let me know if your interested in making a buck.

also if any one has a good edge bending tool and would like to make some money out of selling it, i am interested!

Any way thanks guys

schuss
SCHÜSS 2011
hafte

Post by hafte »

I don't know if this would help, but check out this thread.

http://www.skibuilders.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=380

Looks like CDW here in the states can do it for you. Not sure about international orders and it looks like there is a minimun also.

Have you tried to make the bender from this site? Its been working well for me. Still take a lot of time, but seems to work well.

Hafte
splat

Post by splat »

I'm buying edges bent in bulk and have an edge bender I had machined.
It was quite pricey to have done - $300.
Oh, yeah, you pay freight............. ;)