OAC 2015/2016

Document your personal work here. Show photos, movies, and share your secrets.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

OAC

OAC 2015/2016

Post by OAC »

I know it's alittle late for this journal but I have to keep the "pace". I didn't plan to build that much this year, but things change late in the season. I got some attention in the local media an all of a sudden I have gotten (not alot) but some requests for next season. So I better prepare! :-)

My latest build is a all carbon touring ski that should be light, but I have my doubts...pics and stuff coming up.

The idea was to build a lightweight touring ski with CF. I found some triax, 450g/m2. Consumes much more epoxi than the FG, and I used my regular poplar/ash core, 2 -10 - 2, so not much of a win there. I have to rethink that approach.

They came out nicely. A little too much camber, stiffer and heavier than expected. But anyway... 1560g...maybe not soo bad after all...

falls

Post by falls »

Looking good
That weight seems pretty good to me for a 105mm waist ski. Even production lightweight carbon skis often aren't earth shattering with their weight savings.
eg Volkl V werks BMT 109 is 1740g @ 186cm length
Don't wait up, I'm off to kill Summer....
OAC

Post by OAC »

Yeah, that's true. I have four bCores (the ones with balsa and pawlonia) that I haven't used yet. They might be a good mix with the CF triax. :)

I have mounted a pair of Marker Kingpin on these (tot. 2300g/ski). Good colour match! :)

skidesmond

Post by skidesmond »

Good looking pair of skis!
vinman

Post by vinman »

Love the kingpin!
Fighting gravity on a daily basis
www.Whiteroomcustomskis.com
OAC

Post by OAC »

vinman wrote:Love the kingpin!
What's wrong with the skis??? Ha ha ... :D