Seattle/Eastside area get together for local builders?

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

RYM Experimentals

Seattle/Eastside area get together for local builders?

Post by RYM Experimentals »

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this in so feel free to move it if it's in the wrong place...

I was thinking of putting together a gathering of local builders in the Seattle area where we can all bring our proud and not so proud builds and show them off to each other and talk some shop over a few beverages. Let me know if your interested and Ill start making up a list and find a place for this to happen. I'm thinking somewhere in the Bellevue area, maybe a bar or someones shop if they want to host.

Twizz and the Head Monkey have expressed some interest in getting everyone together so let's see if we can make it happen! If it works out, maybe we can make it an annual thing.

Cheers all, -Don from Ryme
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

We should just make a ski day out of it! Snoqualmie maybe?

Just kidding :oops: :(

I'm in for sure!

(moved to Apres Ski Building area)
holmtech

Post by holmtech »

I would be in.
richie

Post by richie »

damn I was nearby in December/January on family BC road trip, I was tempted to head to Seattle to BOEING visit, and maybe to go and pester Mike!!!!! Have a good time guys and down a beer or 2 for me! cheers
MonkeyCAM and SnoCAD - https://github.com/mikemag
Ski binding mounting https://github.com/splitn2/DrillSki

Richard Harcourt | www.splitn2.com | Christchurch New Zealand
rich@splitn2.com | www.facebook.com/splitn2
holmtech

Post by holmtech »

Anyone interested in this meet up still? We should just set a date and location.

Is Elliott Bay Brewery in Lake City central enough?
RYM Experimentals

Looks like its just the three of us so far. Twizz is in Kenmore, I'm in Fall City. Holm are you in Shoreline? If so, Kenmore area seems like a good place. Is the Tap Room still there on the Lake? Twizz do you know? I haven't been to Kenmore in a long time.

Holm, did I ride up High Campbell with you a couple weeks back and we talked shop for a bit?

Ill throw the invite to Mike and a few others once we a get a place and time figured out.

FirstAnnualPNWBuildersConference

Cheers all, - Don
www.rymexp.com
On the edge of control is a good place to be!
Head Monkey

Post by Head Monkey »

In. I travel a bunch these days, so gimme some heads up a few weeks in advance and I'll do my best to be sure I'm in town.
Everything I know about snowboard building, almost: MonkeyWiki, a guide to snowboard construction
Free open source ski and snowboard CADCAM: MonkeyCAM, snoCAD-X
Jay

Post by Jay »

Well Im a super noob but I would definately be interested!
neatturns

Post by neatturns »

I would also be interested. The Seattle area is fine with me.

thanks
RYM Experimentals

OK so it sounds like we have 5 or 6 of us interested so lets see if we can get something going. Mike when you in town? We need your expertise at this... how can we have the First Annual PNW Builders Convention without the Head Monkey? Just think, if this works, 5 years from now we'll be having it at the convention center with folks from all around coming to see the incredible builds everyone is up too.

Sounds like folks are coming from all over the area so what do you all think about the Roanoke in Mercer Island? Seems like a fair central location and its a great place if you've never been there. If we can agree on a place, Ill call ahead and get some space reserved. I would love to see everyone bring a build or two so we can take a look at them and see what others are doing. If you don't have a build ready, no worries, come and learn.
www.rymexp.com
On the edge of control is a good place to be!
richie

Post by richie »

Ryme Experimentals wrote:OK so it sounds like we have 5 or 6 of us interested so lets see if we can get something going. Mike when you in town? We need your expertise at this... how can we have the First Annual PNW Builders Convention without the Head Monkey? Just think, if this works, 5 years from now we'll be having it at the convention center with folks from all around coming to see the incredible builds everyone is up too.

Sounds like folks are coming from all over the area so what do you all think about the Roanoke in Mercer Island? Seems like a fair central location and its a great place if you've never been there. If we can agree on a place, Ill call ahead and get some space reserved. I would love to see everyone bring a build or two so we can take a look at them and see what others are doing. If you don't have a build ready, no worries, come and learn.
Can I be there by proxy? Hey I hope you guys have a successful get-together, make sure Mike gives you a full MonkeyCAM and snoCAD-X project update too!
MonkeyCAM and SnoCAD - https://github.com/mikemag
Ski binding mounting https://github.com/splitn2/DrillSki

Richard Harcourt | www.splitn2.com | Christchurch New Zealand
rich@splitn2.com | www.facebook.com/splitn2
Bags

Post by Bags »

I'd be down to meet up. First post but have been building skis and lurking on the forum for several years. It'd be great to meet up with some fellow builders. Anywhere around the seattle area works for me.
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

There's also Pete Morgan (pmoskico). I'll send him a message, he's in Tacoma I think?
IslandRider

Post by IslandRider »

I'd be all over this if there was snow somewhere between here and there to justify a ferry bill. Maybe next year at the second annual...
Head Monkey

Post by Head Monkey »

For April I'm traveling 4/14-4/17 for sure, probably 4/9-4/10 as well. I'm never gone Saturdays and Sundays.
Everything I know about snowboard building, almost: MonkeyWiki, a guide to snowboard construction
Free open source ski and snowboard CADCAM: MonkeyCAM, snoCAD-X