Testing out an adjustable profile table.

For discussions related to designing and making ski/snowboard-building equipment, such as presses, core profilers, edge benders, etc.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

hegan

Testing out an adjustable profile table.

Post by hegan »

Right now the table is more of an idea and this is my first test.

The goal is to make a table that can be adjusted to different heights without having to be taken apart.

On the right is the top rail with a release cut in it to allow the bolt to go in to it, and on the left side in the test table with a hole drilled for the bolt.

The before with the bolt all the way down and the top rail resting on the table. Not shown in the photo is the clamps holding down the top rail.

The after with the top rail up .5"

I clamped down the top rail to see if the bolt would be pushed down from the force, and there was no movement.

I might drill out spaces on the top and bottom to glue in some nuts to help secure the bolt in place. Going to keep testing and posting updates.
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

You want t-nuts.
skidesmond

Post by skidesmond »

Yup t-nut. And I was thinking another nut to lock the bolt in place from moving from the vibrations.
gav wa

Post by gav wa »

Looking at the photos it looks like you only have an upward adjustment. How are you also pulling your rails down? You need positive control both ways or you will have trouble at the tip/tail.
Have a look around the site there are heaps of us on here who have done these a number of different ways.