Core Size?

For discussions related to ski/snowboard construction/design methods and techniques.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

powdercow

Post by powdercow »

I don't know if you have gotten you hands on a piece of VDS yet, but keep in mind that it is very, very thin... like paper thin.
This explains it. I haven't had a chance to get any yet and I was picturing something 2-3 mm thick. Also making your rabbit a little wider than the teeth to allow the glass and VDS to "fold" down is a great tip.
You mentioned that this makes the groove 7/16 wide. Looking at my preliminary drawings that means that the groove would extend slightly beyond the sidewalls and into the core. Same for your skis? I assume this is ok, and maybe even desirable

I don't need to steal your notebook if I can pry it from your mind one question at a time. :D
- Ben
G-man

Post by G-man »

You mentioned that this makes the groove 7/16 wide. Looking at my preliminary drawings that means that the groove would extend slightly beyond the sidewalls and into the core. Same for your skis? I assume this is ok, and maybe even desirable
It depends on how wide you make your sidewall strips and how wide you shape your core before you attach the sidewalls. But, your above description is certainly in the proper ballpark.

G-man