READ THE FORUM AND STOP ASKING THE SAME OLD QUESTIONS!!!!

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

MadRussian

Post by MadRussian »

thx

I was thinking about to do this bump myself. lol

this time he got me going. But in one shot got insulted, told to f#$%# of, presented as a jerk and a$$ I don't get often lol
I even told the guy about my signature and the reason that there. nothing. suggested to do research.... nothing suggesting to do the reading..... nothing. Questions and more questions follow that when I give up. At first I thought maybe the language barrier but no privately in e-mail you talk to mean English TO ME IN ENGLISH .... ROFL
they say "every good deed never go unpunished" or something like that lol probably for a reason

this behavior need to be stopped. In my opinion the best way simply to ignore it.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Thomas A. Edison
Akiwi

Post by Akiwi »

I know as a greenthumb newbie, I shouldn't be posting here.. but as an experienced member of manyother forums I know the problem.
I know I have asked stupid questions.. I did yesterday with the question about timed heat sensors.. The problem as a newbie is there is so much new and so much information and sometimes you don't know the terms to search for, or that things exist that you can buy. Language is often a problem for non English speakers.
I have spent about a year reading things here before getting started.. but once you get down to it all sorts of new stuff pops up, and sometimes you need an answer quickly and don't have time to sit in front of a computer to research.
I enjoy helping others when I can.. and that will come with experience.. so I will be able to help the experienced guys here so bear with us greenhorns.

Maybe to prevent people constantly starting new threads with repeated questions , a sticky general questions thread could be stickied in some topic areas. I tried that with my General Questions thread.. and it worked well for me.
I am nobody. Nobody's perfect, so I must be perfect.
MadRussian

Post by MadRussian »

now it starting to get ugly lol

akiwi I disagree. Be dependent on somebody else is bad approach also nobody have to reply. once I waited 2 weeks on one very important matter for me and was no help. Had to figure out everything myself. No big deal is is what it is. you know they say "give the man a fish and he not go hungry to sleep… Learn fishing and you never go hungry again" or something like that

subject of database information was discussed numerous times but it never got anyway

I hope current trend handholding and babysitting will end soon.
Thomas A. Edison
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

Meh. It's annoying, but so is complaining about it.

Just keep it clean in his journal thread please so I don't have to delete stuff.

Every internet forum is like this, and will be for all time. If you don't want to cloud up the forum, don't answer folks who answer repetitive questions. But just as repetitive is people saying "do a search".

If I decide one of these years I want to do some skis with a "please do a search" themed topsheet, I'm gonna be pissed when I have a hard time looking through so many results :)

Love,

Your sarcastic moderator
MadRussian

Post by MadRussian »

I'm all done. Never thought it gonna get this fast this ugly :D
honestly, I felt insulted for no particular reason . had to reply to set the record straight

that's all
Thomas A. Edison
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

The real prob is for every q there are 12 ways to skin the cat so a wiki wont really do it. But when I started I read for about 3 months straight.
sammer wrote: I'm still a tang on top guy.
MadRussian

Post by MadRussian »

MM exactly.

imo "how-to" should be considered as a guideline not the rule. Those who does not read board before starting probably didn't realize methods described in how-to have problems and those problems discussed elsewhere and the discussions spread all over the place. By doing so beginner unintentionally starting to recycle all those old issues being discussed years ago. Rarely discussion on solutions of those problems get updated. in this situation beginner with no personal experience will constantly run to the board with his quest for help. At most likely here's approach is: I follow instructions in how-to now I have a problem now you all have to help me/tell me what to do.

Additionally I noticed those who with this addiction for a while stop talking about shop, shop improvements, jigs and equipment they build and showing mostly end results living beginner again to recycle old stuff and same cycle continue

I don't think comprehensive wiki guide should be created. imo will be helpful for beginner to know what kind problem he might experience by following how-to instructions (router profiler bridge for example) and it beginner responsibility TO HIMSELF to find a solution not to wait for handout
Thomas A. Edison