Beginner Google SketchUp Snowboard Design Tutorial

For discussions related to ski/snowboard construction/design methods and techniques.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

LifeisRiding

Beginner Google SketchUp Snowboard Design Tutorial

Post by LifeisRiding »

I had a bit of time free today and I wanted to give back to the community on here so I thought I would throw together a little tutorial for newer folks looking to design some boards digitally in 3D.

Considering that you can get into a Mogul CNC machine so affordably, board/ski building has never been more accessible. I think its great, and that future industry design concepts could very easily originate from some young groms day dreams. I want to help push the inclusion and progression of people getting into building their own take on boards, testing them, learning and then building some more!

I have never made a tutorial before but I think it should be easy enough to follow. Feel free to give me feedback or comments. If people find this useful I was thinking about doing a few more with much more focus on the actual design.

Part 1

Part 2
Currently loading

I consider myself a bit of board design connoisseur, as I have been following the snow, skate and surf industry for well over a decade with a focus on the tech. I have been collecting the gems in folders and never had much of a plan for them but today I started a facebook page called "I dded Love Board Design", a tip of the hat to "I dded Love Science" facebook page. Currently I have only had time to upload longboard designs, but there will be a snow section coming soon. If you like me get off a little on the newest/ wildest tweeks and twerks in boards design you might want to check it out or, even help contribute by posting some eye popping designs there.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/I-dded ... 9221806658
LifeisRiding

Post by LifeisRiding »

Part 2