Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello, and intro from Oz

View previous topic :: View next topic  
climberman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Hello, and intro from Oz Reply with quote

Hi folks,

have been lurking hard for some time, and recently joined, I thought I would say a hello and intro.

Am planning on a press build along the lines of goz, a ply one. Still getting a process in my head, particularly for the mold. Thought I had an idea and then just saw chrisp's one and was blown away ! Might be a bit complex for a first run.

Like a few others here I am in Australia (not Austria!!), and while there are no kangaroos in my street I live a bit of a classic Aussie beachside life, with not too hard access to the mountains, in the coastal town/city of Wollongong.

While I'm all enthusiasm am also realistic that it might just be lucky to get a single pressed ski done before June when our season kicks off.

In the long run am interested in skis for touring in the NSW Main Range area of NSW, where I've been getting in turns most seasons for the last coupla decades in addition to resort skiing at Thredbo or Perisher. I now have a younger family and so have been checking out the very cool kids skis some folks have been making. Other interests are flyfishing, bushwalking, MTB a bit.

Thanks to goz for his encouragement through another forum. Hope I don't annoy too many folks with questions and supplies queries for Oz...

This whole idea is way outside my comfort zone for handwork projects but I figured if I can't pull the finger out in my forties to have a go, I'll never build squat! Look forward to getting to a point where there's a warrant to do a progress and build thread.

cheers,

cm
vinman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome and good luck. Read as much of the forum as you can, tons of great info if you do some digging.
climberman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers vin man. Have been digging like an apprentice brickie... lots and hard, but possibly without much idea!
BlueRoof

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. I hope your adventure in ski buildind is as rewarding as mine. Looking ford to having another Aussie builder. All the best
climberman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers BueRoof. Did you get out into the Tassie wilds season just gone?
artski

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Climberman, I have found that you justr have to dive in and start building stuff and that will give direction and focus to you searches for ifno.
BlueRoof

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clean missed Tassie snow this year!! I Was ether at Hotham or in NZ or out of commision with a dislocated sholder.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Aprés Ski Building All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: