Bent Green Things 13/14

Document your personal work here. Show photos, movies, and share your secrets.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

skimann20

Post by skimann20 »

knightsofnii wrote:just buy a dust shield from KentCNC.
The piece with the brush component is held on by magnets, you just grab it and pull it off, or put it on, it's that simple, and it works great!
One less project to worry about. Seems pricy, but you just spent XXthousand on your cnc, so it's pocket change in comparison ;).
It think my wife no linger sees this and "pocket change". :-) I better get moving on item number 9 from the list above.

Sam , switched the wires back to the drawling on the motor and the Papa Smurf fired right up! The generator was like "Holy Crap" when the grinder started. 3hP motors pull a lot of energy when they start up. (I don't have 240 in the house so I'm going to use my generator to run the grinder. Instead of me starting it every month, I use the grinder to give it a workout)
amidnightproject

Post by amidnightproject »

skimann20 wrote:
knightsofnii wrote:just buy a dust shield from KentCNC.
The piece with the brush component is held on by magnets, you just grab it and pull it off, or put it on, it's that simple, and it works great!
One less project to worry about. Seems pricy, but you just spent XXthousand on your cnc, so it's pocket change in comparison ;).
It think my wife no linger sees this and "pocket change". :-) I better get moving on item number 9 from the list above.

Sam , switched the wires back to the drawling on the motor and the Papa Smurf fired right up! The generator was like "Holy Crap" when the grinder started. 3hP motors pull a lot of energy when they start up. (I don't have 240 in the house so I'm going to use my generator to run the grinder. Instead of me starting it every month, I use the grinder to give it a workout)
Heh, lucky! I tried running my grindrite last weekend in a pinch with my generator and no bueno!
skimann20

Post by skimann20 »

amidnightproject wrote:Heh, lucky! I tried running my grindrite last weekend in a pinch with my generator and no bueno!
What was the issue? wrong amps?
amidnightproject

skimann20 wrote:
amidnightproject wrote:Heh, lucky! I tried running my grindrite last weekend in a pinch with my generator and no bueno!
What was the issue? wrong amps?
The generator wouldn't ramp up fast enough. Even on high idle. I tried adjusting the delay speed on the grinder and the max delay was 110ms. If I had the option for say 120 or 130 it would have worked just fine.
skimann20

Post by skimann20 »

I can see that happening. motors can pull up to 8X when they first fire up.
amidnightproject

skimann20 wrote:I can see that happening. motors can pull up to 8X when they first fire up.
Yea it was super close to working. Doesn't help my machine is probably 20 years old and in need of service. It needs a complete tear down. But for what I paid for it I'm not to worried about running it into the ground as I know a proper restore will cost me a pretty penny.
skimann20

Post by skimann20 »

Belts, cutting solution, and new spray bar have been ordered. SVST guys were really helpful and gave a few pointers on how to prep the belts.

BobCAD: going to be the death of me. for some reason the program will only generate G-code in G20 not G21. Still can't get my AutoCAD programs to import into BobCAD right. I'm going to go drink beer now...
MadRussian

Post by MadRussian »

I can't believe there is no 220 in the house. do you have a electric dryer?
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Thomas A. Edison
Cornice

Post by Cornice »

I agree with that Russian guy. I did not have any 220 outlets or anything but it only took a new breaker, some wire and an outlet. Less then an hour. I did not have to run wire very far but if you can re-wire a motor you can prob get 220 goin.
skimann20

Post by skimann20 »

MadRussian wrote:I can't believe there is no 220 in the house. do you have a electric dryer?
Believe it! No 220. everything is Gas in the house. I have a 100 main panel that has a 60amp sub panel run off of it. Both panels are maxed out. Now I can put some slims into the 60amp sub-panel but I'm thinking that the generator is a just fine route for now.
skimann20

Post by skimann20 »

skimann20 wrote:Belts, cutting solution, and new spray bar have been ordered. SVST guys were really helpful and gave a few pointers on how to prep the belts.

BobCAD: going to be the death of me. for some reason the program will only generate G-code in G20 not G21. Still can't get my AutoCAD programs to import into BobCAD right. I'm going to go drink beer now...
came up with this last night:

okay great I came up with a ski for my daughters dolls... it seemed that whatever I import is HUGE or way small. some thing has to be off with the scaling.

Had some beers last night...
Went to church this morning...

had a break through!

BobCAD only imports in imperial!!! SOOOOO.... I draw the ski in AutoCAD in metric because that's what works in my head, then convert that drawling to Imperial and save the file. Import the Imperial drawling into BobCAD and generate the G Code in imperial. transfer that to Mach 3 and PRESTO! I now no longer have a 350lb paper weight. Keeping my fingers crossed that the profile will work the same way.

why is imperial still around??? everything should be Metric. It just makes so much more sense!
MadRussian

Post by MadRussian »

I'm not electrician but I'm sure you have to 220 into the panel all you need to put 2 pole breaker. Main breaker probably 2 poles.
But if you already have a generator and sender is only one piece of equipment you need 220 probably okay. Wouldn't work for me.
btw your base Sander is single phase or 3 phase?
Had some beers last night...
Went to church this morning...
congratulations on the breakthrough.
Old Russian saying "we need to drink vodka to think soberly" looks like it's working lol
Thomas A. Edison
skimann20

Post by skimann20 »

MadRussian wrote: Old Russian saying "we need to drink vodka to think soberly" looks like it's working lol
I've only drank one time with a rusian. He had a saying just like that. then he pulled out pint glasses and filled them with vodka... oooo boy! ;-)
MadRussian

Post by MadRussian »

skimann20 wrote:
I've only drank one time with a rusian. He had a saying just like that. then he pulled out pint glasses and filled them with vodka... oooo boy! ;-)
lol that's about right
actually saying itself does not specify vodka it just goes "we need to have a drink…"Simply vodka by default drink of choice.
Can you imagine what kind breakthrough you could make if you follow Russian recipe :D
Thomas A. Edison
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

how man wires do you have going into the panel?
Should be 2, 120 lines and a silver voltage regulation support wire from your pole.
The panal may be maxed like you sad but thats fixable as long as you dont run everything at once.
Just like mr said just need a double pole swicth to carry the 2 lines to a 240v outlet.
sammer wrote: I'm still a tang on top guy.