Volition 2014

Document your personal work here. Show photos, movies, and share your secrets.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

amidnightproject

Post by amidnightproject »

vinman wrote:I agree on the tip rise. I like something 5.5-6.5 cm. any lower and I feel it would get under stuff too easily.
Yea I agree. I spent the day on some salomon 108's on a decent east coast powder day (14-18") and even though they had the perfect amount of rocker the tip rise was much to shallow. Fine on groomers but I'm not a groomer guy and the tips were hanging up all over the place in the trees.
skimann20

Post by skimann20 »

What saw blade are you running on your new band saw? How's it doing cutting the flash?
amidnightproject

I use a 10-14 TPI Variable tooth Bi-Metal blade 1/2" wide. It will flash a set of skis in about 15 minutes on average. Much less effort then the old ridgid or a jigsaw
richie

Post by richie »

amidnightproject wrote:I use a 10-14 TPI Variable tooth Bi-Metal blade 1/2" wide. It will flash a set of skis in about 15 minutes on average. Much less effort then the old ridgid or a jigsaw
I use 6-8 variable tooth bi-metal 1/2" wide, and I love it! very durable blade and cuts well.
MonkeyCAM and SnoCAD - https://github.com/mikemag
Ski binding mounting https://github.com/splitn2/DrillSki

Richard Harcourt | www.splitn2.com | Christchurch New Zealand
rich@splitn2.com | www.facebook.com/splitn2
amidnightproject

richie wrote:
amidnightproject wrote:I use a 10-14 TPI Variable tooth Bi-Metal blade 1/2" wide. It will flash a set of skis in about 15 minutes on average. Much less effort then the old ridgid or a jigsaw
I use 6-8 variable tooth bi-metal 1/2" wide, and I love it! very durable blade and cuts well.
I'll have to give that a shot! I know you are on the other end of the world but what manufacturer blade are you using? I've found that to make a big difference as well. So far the Laguna factory blades are top notch. Lenox is a close second but I can tell the difference once it's on the machine. I know a lot of it has to do with whomever cut and welded the band but I'm not that knowledgeable with that stuff.

So far this blade has flashed about 8 pairs and it's still cutting very well. Quite happy with the selection of blades I now can take advantage of.