SIA - Denver Feb 1-2

All ski building related commercial posts go here. So if you want to advertise, sell something, etc., please do so here. Personal stuff should be placed in "Yard sale (non-commercial)".

Moderators: Head Monkey, skidesmond, chrismp

Miller Studio

SIA - Denver Feb 1-2

Post by Miller Studio »

Crazy days at Miller Studio!...getting clients ready for SIA. I thought I would let people know I will be at SIA all day Friday and Saturday, Feb 1 & 2. If you will be there and want to meet up, text me at 253-222-5185. If you don't have a pass to get on the floor, text me and we'll get you in.
Miller Studio

hours of show

Post by Miller Studio »

I found out when I will be available based on my flights. On Friday I should be on the floor from 11am to 5pm. On Saturday you can catch me from 10am to 2pm. Just text me at 253-222-5185 and we can set up a place to meet. I always look forward to this every year. Hope to see some of you there.
Jekul

Post by Jekul »

Vince,

Thanks for getting me into the show and giving me a tour of your capabilities. I have to admit, I had no idea you were so capable and your offering were so diverse. I'll be thinking about how to utilize your capabilities for my next builds.
Miller Studio

Post by Miller Studio »

Thanks Jekul, It was great to run into a few of you guys there and the best part was to get everyone's take on some of the products and decoration techniques. There really isn't enough time to go through all the booths and see what everyone is doing.

I was really impressed with what a couple of my clients did with the clear 8210, and was equally unimpressed with a few manufacturers that obviously lack in manufacturing and decoration skills as well as some poor choices of top material. It reinforced the fact that it's worth spending a little more money on your top material from a reputable source with a proven background than to use a cheaper spread with visible quality issues.

I also remembered a few material requests. In a few weeks I will have a small roll of gloss textured 8210 (Pi19 texture) that caught the eye of a few people I ran into. To best describe it...it is a fine bumpy pattern in a random texture that is glossy. If it goes over well, I might add it to my regular stock. They have quite a few patterns that are available from time to time. Quite a few of them are structured patterns from small dots to crosshatch, leather and brush to name a few. Most of them might be a bit more specialty in my mind. If you have interest in knowing what patterns are available, email me direct. vince@millerstudio.net
artski

Post by artski »

I'd like to see you guys carry a black 8210 for graphics that are predominantly black.
By the time I put my edge bevel on and round off the top I end up with a border of white and any damage from skis hitting one another becomes very visible.
Have you ever considered it?
Miller Studio

Post by Miller Studio »

8210 is a clear nylon so if it is black then you won't be able to sublimate to it and obviously you wouldn't be able to print it on the bond side. You could print the top, but I know no-one is going to make the material black.

We can take clear nylon and sublimate it and not put white behind it, just build it over your lighter color wood. We have a lot of manufacturers doing that...no white edge that way. Or we can print your black graphic with epoxy on the bond side and there again no white line. You can also do a black on black look by coating the bond side with black epoxy, then print on the top...we have done quite a few tops where the material is matte 8210 and we print gloss clear or black on top.
artski

Post by artski »

Thanks for the reply, very informative.
falls

Post by falls »

Hi guys. Just wondering if anyone has had any topsheets done lately by Miller? I've emailed and not heard back for the last week or so. Wondering if Vince is on holiday or maybe this is a busy time getting graphics ready for producing next year's skis? Thanks for any feedback.
Don't wait up, I'm off to kill Summer....
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

I just placed an order and had a few sent a couple weeks ago.
Vince emailed me an invoice yesterday.
If you want to order submit it to craig perhaps, hes the production guy. 2 weeks for turn around is pretty standard I would say for 1 offs.
If everything is in order from your graphic they usually just print and send and invoice with out communication.
They do great work for a great price.
sammer wrote: I'm still a tang on top guy.
falls

Post by falls »

Thanks MM.
I will try Craig.
Don't wait up, I'm off to kill Summer....