Crown plastics update

For non-commerical sales of materials, equipment, and resources related to ski/snowboard building

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

olie25

Crown plastics update

Post by olie25 »

got an email from crown yesterday, they have expanded there online catalogue to include more than just closeouts, you can now get black,white,clear,blue,red durasurf 4001 in 10m,25m and 100m lengths !!!! prices seemed a little high, closeout still seems to be the way to go
sammer

Post by sammer »

Prices are pretty close to the same in the closeout section.
Also where did you hear this was 4001. Nowhere on the site does it say what grade of base you are buying.
My first order from them was 4001 but the last 3 have been 2001.
I think its just luck of the draw but I'm betting that the majority, if not all, of the product that's not special order is 2001.

The nice thing about this new list is the thickness is finally in the ball park of usability. (most of the closeout stuff is ridiculously thin)
and quantities are reasonable for the small builder (most of us don't need 100m)

sam
You don't even have a legit signature, nothing to reveal who you are and what you do...

Best of luck to you. (uneva)
zselby

Post by zselby »

It's all 2001 according to Jim @ Crown.
olie25

Post by olie25 »

yep thats my bad on that one it is 2001, went over the email pretty quick had some free time between classes today thought id throw it up.
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

i think set length rolls are about 5 bucks a meter.
It never hurts to call and ask them what they have.
The more standard colors, black, white, natural, some other common colors, they can get you often for $5/meter without having to do a run.

The discounted stuff ranges from 2.50/meter to 5-6 bucks.
Doug
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

black white or natural tip fill $5/meter as well.
Doug
sammer

Post by sammer »

I had a fairly long conversation with Jay Carmen a couple months back.
At that time he told me closeout section was going to be the cheapest route.
He did say that not all of it was listed on the site so to call if you're looking for something not listed.
He also told me pricing for 2001 started at $6.86/m with a minimum 300 meter run.
I know the first time I called there and talked to Jim (this was a few years back) I got 4001 for around $4/m in small quantities. This was drops or over runs.
It seems times have changed since then.
I guess if I was buying more than a few meters a year the tone might be different.

sam
You don't even have a legit signature, nothing to reveal who you are and what you do...

Best of luck to you. (uneva)
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

I think we're starting to matter more to them than we did in the past.
Doug
ben_mtl

Post by ben_mtl »

I can see that... prices are going up as we're now seen as customers instead of "random guys to sell overstock to"
a couple years ago I bought a complete roll (100m) of red Durasurf 4001 they had sitting on a shelve for 600$... now I wouldn't even have a full roll of 2001 for that price !
A bad day skiing is always better than a good one at work...