Core profiler table plans.

For discussions related to designing and making ski/snowboard-building equipment, such as presses, core profilers, edge benders, etc.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

MadRussian

Post by MadRussian »

artski wrote:Yeah thats the bit, the D dimension is 1 1/4".
I got one of those in 1 1/2". Those bids can goes as wide as 2 3/4".... How is a finish?
As for using 3/4" black iron I think that might be a bit thick. I'm using 1/2" steel rod because its cheep and responsive to adjustments.
3/4" bend nicely and hold nice curvature from tip to center to tail. I tried few other profiles and didn't like the results.
My thinking on the location of adjustments is to start with my boot location and made that the center. I have 3 there so that I can make it flat, or make boot center the peak of a linear taper. Does that make sense?
yes it does. Until table completed and rails installed I can't definitely say how it's all going to work out. For now for simplicity purposes I'm going to go with making boot center peak of the taper
did you try to make templates for camber section of the mold on your table? Also I thought about making sidecut radius templates on a table
artski

Post by artski »

The finish on my cores come out great , the only reason I don't use a bigger bit is that was the biggest one my local hardware had.

The camber mold that I use I made basically freehand. I didn't use the table, I made a jig and used a bearing type bit to follow the first one.

To get sidecut I get patterns cut out on a local cnc.
artski

Post by artski »

Yes Jon that press is mighty mighty. I decided right away that if i was going to do this I had to build a press that I wouldn't outgrow.
backyardskier

Post by backyardskier »

Just picked up some wood for the cores, Poplar and maple as well as this nice bit.