Twizz 2012/2013

Document your personal work here. Show photos, movies, and share your secrets.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Dtrain

Post by Dtrain »

Those things look so sweet. Hope the short sidecut rides well. It looks awesome.
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

Thanks for the tip Vinman, I've been a little worried about them being "hooky". I tried to make them so that the early-rise tips kept most of the fat part off the snow, but I won't know for sure until they hit the snow.

And yeah steve, the graphics are some sort of alien robot dude with a jetpack, taking off I guess? With electricity coming out of his head/shoulders - ha, I have no clue. I love the "smoke" on the tails for some reason.
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

vinman

Post by vinman »

Sa-weeet
Fighting gravity on a daily basis
www.Whiteroomcustomskis.com
falls

Post by falls »

Awesome.
Nice use of the kitchen table. Essential piece of ski building equipment. That's where I route and edge my bases, do my CAD and graphics + multiple other ski building things that really should be done outside.
Don't wait up, I'm off to kill Summer....
vinman

Post by vinman »

I wet sand tops in between varnish coats and do veneer inlays on the kitchen table. my wife loves it.
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

Ha! I'm actually very good about keeping projects in the shop and out of the house - but the shop is way too messy to include in any photos right now :oops:
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

This is not ski related necessarily - but I took my dog up to play in the snow for his first time ever today, and he LOVED IT!!!

He is 11 months old now, when we still had snow last spring I thought he was still too much of a baby for the long drive to the mountains, so I'm finally able to take him up. My hope is to go up hiking every weekend this winter so he gets hooked, eventually I'll be able to ski with him. As for now, we just romped around, barked at other people, and chased chunks of snow!
More

Post by More »

Twizz, the dog looks cool, but those skis look amazing. Love the epic.
sammer

Post by sammer »

Those rocket robot skis are gonna ski short!
I'm really liking the way the river runs off the tails on the longer ones.

Nice work

sam
You don't even have a legit signature, nothing to reveal who you are and what you do...

Best of luck to you. (uneva)
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

Got to try out the new skis on a lumpy groomer day at Snoqualmie yesterday. I know these will be great in powder, so it's really everything else that I needed to try out.

These ski GREAT! They aren't hooky or grabby at all, on hard packed/groomed snow they ski just like some of my favorite skinny/stiff groomer skis. Unlike my piggy sticks, which have very little sidecut and full reverse camber, and are super squirrly at even moderate speed, I was able to take these up to high speed and they are rock solid!

For some reason they're a little dodgy when skiing switch at moderate speed, not sure why. But going forwards they're solid, turn hard, not grabby, nice and stiff yet still have tons of spring and pop, and with the long tip/tail, nose and tail presses are effortless. As ridiculous as they look being so wide, this would be a good do-it-all quiver killer.

Going to try to get the foam core versions laid up this week to ski next weekend.
vinman

Post by vinman »

Maybe bit more detuning for the switch riding?

The look great. Nice work.
Jekul

Post by Jekul »

Those looked like new Pivot bindings? How do you like them. I'm considering a pair late this year if I sell enough pairs of skis.

As far as twitch skiing switch...I'd try to tune the tails a little more and take them out.
Richuk

Post by Richuk »

: )))))))
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

Jekul wrote:Those looked like new Pivot bindings? How do you like them. I'm considering a pair late this year if I sell enough pairs of skis.
I love them. I've always loved Pivots, and have had the previous ones for a long time, but last year I decided it was finally time to get something new since mine were so beat up.

I used my old ones on my powder skis with leashes, since the brakes didn't fit. That was my plan with the new ones, but then I found out you can't remove the brakes on the new ones. It is all integrated into the heel-piece. So I had to buy a new set with 130mm brakes just a few weeks ago, just so happens that they're green so they match the skis :)

The new heel pieces are way different than the old ones. Once they release sideways, they just flop around, you can spin them 360deg. The old ones only turned a little.