edge bending tool to buy

For discussions related to designing and making ski/snowboard-building equipment, such as presses, core profilers, edge benders, etc.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

mikic1

edge bending tool to buy

Post by mikic1 »

Hi,

I am reposting this from Yard sale, as I might have posted it in the wrong section.

I am looking for one of the edge bending tools as described in the 'how to' section. Am willing to pay good $$ for it, anybody has one for sale?

Cheers
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

That design is so simple I'm not sure why you wouldn't just build one yourself? Looks easier than building skis to me? And cheap, just a few bucks in scrap metal.

Where are you located? If you really didn't want to take the time to build one yourself, depending on the price I could build you one. I'm not a huge fan of that design, there are better (albeit more expensive) ways to do your edges. Do a search for my thread on my edge bender.
vinman

Post by vinman »

I'm using only my template and hands these days. Don't waste your Omer
Money on the bender in the how to section. There are better ways to bend edges.

I anneal only the areas that get bent, clamp it to my template with spring clips and gradually bend to shape, clamping more as I progress. I rarely use tools anymore except for problem areas.
Fighting gravity on a daily basis
www.Whiteroomcustomskis.com
mikic1

Post by mikic1 »

thx for the feeback.

Now that you said it , I do ride longboard and I have some bearings and wheels I could try to put something simple together just quick.

If everything fail Ill get back to you reg. the tool.

thx
Cheers
M