STOKE THREAD

So, did they work, and how were they? Show everyone proof that your ride was a success (or even a complete failure)!

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

rockaukum

Post by rockaukum »

DD,
Thanks for the words. My son could not decide on graphics so i did it for him. The bases are lime green and blue. Kinda mix and match but he likes them all the same.
That outfit would get me lost for sure!
Huck, nice vid and the area looks great for a nice tour. Have not gotten out much due to the snow pack. You encounter any problems out there this year?
RA
Huck Pitueee

Post by Huck Pitueee »

I've been going twice a week for most of the season. Taking the good bad & the ugly in stride. Mostly I've been surprised by how fun the conds. are. I stick to slopes under 40 degrees and haven't seen or heard any instability. Most of our earlier snow came with high winds so powder sniffing in valleys and river beds was the plan. How was your season ? Placerville? Thanks for the kind words on the vid. I guess some people hate pov vids. Especially quick edits.
leboeuf

Post by leboeuf »

NeilG wrote:Just found this photo of me skiing on the Eyeball skis during a rad day of backcountry last year in the Cottonwood canyons. Thought it could go here.

And something a bit newer, some more backcountry stoke. Sorry no skiers in here. This is from the Taos backcountry about two weeks ago. Skied the narrow line at the left of the picture on my new Panda Bear skis.
Sweet! In my hood!
How'd you get over there? The hike from kachina being all off limits and whatnot. Burly trek from Wheeler? I've seen patrol call the forest service cops on people doing lake fork peak..... They're super touchy...
NeilG

Post by NeilG »

At the bottom of chair four (by that little coffee stand) there's a trail that leads off to William's lake. We skinned up that nearly to William's lake and took a right up the first drainage. Got up to the start of the notch and booted up that. It's a clear view from the top of Kachina so we had a pretty good audience the whole time haha.

Conditions were pretty bomber, given the winter we're having, so we skied some other stuff that weekend too (something I've heard called No-Name?), You go out beyond William's lake somewhere.

I'm not local so it was my first time in the Taos BC, but it was awesome!
Huck Pitueee

Post by Huck Pitueee »

Here's back country stuff from yesterday and april first. We're finally having some great conditions.
Dr. Delam

Post by Dr. Delam »

Great stuff Huck. Keep it coming. Hopefully we'll have a good corn cycle this spring too.
Huck Pitueee

Post by Huck Pitueee »

Ya I love corn in a big way! The run to the car on the day I did the vid had some nice corn also. Corn & pow on the same day!
Huck Pitueee

Post by Huck Pitueee »

Here's some fun riding from 2 days ago. That was before it really snowed.
Dr. Delam

Post by Dr. Delam »

Nice! That last storm delivered the goods. I cheated though and rode lifts and a snowmobile the past few days.
Huck Pitueee

Post by Huck Pitueee »

ENVY ! The peak we're hitting has a cat track to the summit and we're hiking.
I can't immagine how many good runs you've had.
Brazen

Post by Brazen »

Haha, excellent, thanks for the vid! I can't quite put my finger on the guitarist...
"86% of the time it works 100% of the time".
Huck Pitueee

Post by Huck Pitueee »

Brazen wrote:Haha, excellent, thanks for the vid! I can't quite put my finger on the guitarist...
Hey Brett!
That guitarist is John Schofield From I think "up all night" And "uberjam" That's cool we can use that for free in vids.
Here's one from 2 weeks ago using the flame board. I found this area using Google earth and not a track or foot prints for miles. So dropping in to the middle of nowhere had us stoked beyond belief. In the first minute of vid there were pinwheels forming as tall as my partner. Too bad the vid doesn't really show them.

Ps... Sorry I'm too lazy to do a short edit for the general public.
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

Nothing special here, some of the same clips I've already posted, but I put together a short little video while I've been day dreaming about winter :(

skidesmond

Post by skidesmond »

twizzstyle wrote:Nothing special here, some of the same clips I've already posted, but I put together a short little video while I've been day dreaming about winter :(

Nice. I was day dreaming about skiing today while out on the bike. Once my vacation is over, I'm ready for the cooler weather, followed by snow, at least 5 months away for me.
Dr. Delam

Post by Dr. Delam »

Thanks for the pow stoke. I crashed so hard on my mountain bike last week, remembering that snow is so much softer than dirt and rocks.

I swear I am going to get up to Washington next year.