Dynastar PX12 demo bindings on EVO

For non-commerical sales of materials, equipment, and resources related to ski/snowboard building

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

falls

Dynastar PX12 demo bindings on EVO

Post by falls »

Pretty good price I think on pretty decent demo bindings - $62
http://www.evo.com/outlet/alpine-ski-bi ... rakes.aspx
Don't wait up, I'm off to kill Summer....
ben_mtl

Post by ben_mtl »

I do have a pair of those, they’re pretty descent bindings but they’re very heavy !

I’d like to get a hand on some Marker Griffon Demo but I missed the deal on EVO a few weeks back…
Any other option for a “lightweight” demo binding ?

On EVO I also noticed the Dynastar touring bindings (Dynastar branded Naxos) for less than 80$, pretty good deal to get into touring !
A bad day skiing is always better than a good one at work...
WhitePine

Post by WhitePine »

If you could find some Marker Squire demos that would be awesome. They are even lighter that the Griffons. DIN only goes up to 11 though. But that's not a problem for me.
sammer

Post by sammer »

ben_mtl wrote:I do have a pair of those, they’re pretty descent bindings but they’re very heavy !

I’d like to get a hand on some Marker Griffon Demo but I missed the deal on EVO a few weeks back…
Any other option for a “lightweight” demo binding ?

On EVO I also noticed the Dynastar touring bindings (Dynastar branded Naxos) for less than 80$, pretty good deal to get into touring !
Naxos work pretty good.
I bought mine (din 13, not that I need it) last year for $99.
Luckily they came with 100mm brakes. Easily fit over my 107mm waisted ski with very little bending.
92mm brakes are pretty narrow these days and wide brakes for naxo are impossible to find.

I bought 5 pair of the px12 demos with 115mm brakes from EVO a couple months back.
Put them on one pair so far, definitely a solid binding.

sam
You don't even have a legit signature, nothing to reveal who you are and what you do...

Best of luck to you. (uneva)
SHIF

Post by SHIF »

Yes, these are very good bindings, I have several pair.
Just today I received another new set from EVO, bought for $62. I discovered these are a new and improved model called “PX Demo2”. The main difference I notice is the toe release lever is now positioned behind the AFD rather than sticking out in front of the binding. Also and more important, the toe has another adjustment position added farther forward for guys having huge boots, 341mm and longer. This is very good; it helps get those long boots properly centered. My skiing buddy Jay is going to enjoy this. :D

One more thing I notice and have measured is these new 2010 bindings have a slightly taller stack height on the toe piece. The top surface of the AFD is 4mm taller than on the older PX Demo bindings. I don't know how this effects their performance but I think it's worth noting.
BTW, I bought two more pair at this crazy low price just hours before the deal ended.

-S
Last edited by SHIF on Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WhitePine

Post by WhitePine »

Thanks for the PSA. Picked me up a pair and a new Bern helmet.
ggardner90

Post by ggardner90 »

great post, my self and many friends picked up bindings.
switzch

Post by switzch »

Thanks picked up a pair. Only 2 left.
WhitePine

Post by WhitePine »

Looks like the price went up. Glad I got them last week. [/list]