senior Project

For discussions related to designing and making ski/snowboard-building equipment, such as presses, core profilers, edge benders, etc.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

dmax930

senior Project

Post by dmax930 »

Hey guys, I'm building skis for my senior project next year, i've already outlined them and fully designed them on cad and such, how ever, my main concern is the press. I'm leaning to the peumanic press (sorry about the spelling, you get the idea) but I'm also down with the heated press. Considering the fact that i want to do the best job i can do, with out going crazy, which press do you sugest i use? I have access to good electronic help and I also have access to the right tools for the penumonic press. any suggestions on what the best press would be to use in my own home? thanks alot
Katrina S

Another Senior Project

Post by Katrina S »

Wow thats a little ironic. I am also going to attempt at building a set of skis, or maybe a snowboard (havent decided, I do both) for my senior project, and I am also leaning towards the pneumatic press. My school gives me the last month off of school to explore something new, and since this is something I've always thought of as a possible career, I figured why not. It'd be cool to see how yours also ends up. I havent designed my board(s) yet, but im leaning towards something womens specific, since its just so hard to get something built with the right specs for a girl.

Good luck!
endre

Post by endre »

welcome to the first girl (it seems) of the skibuilders forum! good luck on your projects both of you.

I am posting some flexcurves of some women speciffic skis soon, compared to standard skis.
Katrina S

Post by Katrina S »

That would be amazing, I think it will be a challenge for myself to start designing the women's specific skis, but I think its going to be a lot of fun.