Ski press (and EVERYTHING ELSE) for sale! CHEAP

For non-commerical sales of materials, equipment, and resources related to ski/snowboard building

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Powforbreakfast.

Ski press (and EVERYTHING ELSE) for sale! CHEAP

Post by Powforbreakfast. »

Yet another press going for sale! Located in Benton City, WA 99320. Additionally, I have a TON of material I need to get rid of, so enjoy the cheap prices! Make an offer if you’re unhappy. I can ship quickly during the next two weeks, but after that only on monday/tuesday or so because I travel to and fro the shop between college which is 2.5 hours away.

So here we go! Full size press. Check out the video, it does a decent job explaining. Check out some pictures of products at artificialskicompany.com.

Specifics:
-82" length - the video mistakenly states 84"
-20" Deep
-12" maximum height, 11" minimum height (difference comes from the I-beam welded to square tubing. eg, height between square tubing is 12" and inside of i beams is 11")
-MEI heat blanket which fills the entire length and width of the press.
-HEAVY. Not stated in the video, but the wheel is present because the entrance to the 10' x 16' shop is narrow and had to come in width-wise.
- Make an offer.

Below, a picture of finished product that came out of the press.
19 Oz. Glass for sale. Any length/number of lengths. The rolls pictured are all I have left. Currently I'm parting out from a 7" piece of the roll (also pictured) but if you want glass for a board we can talk about getting a whole piece of the big roll cut off and sent to you. Price (for 7" piece): $4.00/meter
Image Image

A TON of isosport (europe!) nylon topsheet available. Super nice, ready to print or use plain. 30.5 cm wide. Price: $10/meter
A bunch of VDS. Some in a used roll, some scraps. Good for 15 pairs of skis (estimate, using 8 meters per pair). Price: $50.00 for all of it.

6 1.3 mm edges. Take them all for $10.00.
Base material to go with 1.3 mm edges - 1 white printed topsheet I never used. 180 cm + long, 33 cm wide. Take it for $5.00.

Light blue base to go with 1.3 mm edges. 31.5 cm wide. $5.00/meter.
1.7 mm edges for sale. 100+ edges available. Pre-bent for a 181 cm template. I've been using them as a 3/4 wrap (which I would HIGHLY suggest! So much better, more durable, and easier). $4.00/per edge.
Pink base for 1.7 mm edges. 30.5 cm wide. $6.00/meter.
Navy blue base to go with 1.7 mm edges. measures 176 cm by 34.5 cm. Take the whole piece for $5.00.
Edge bender made from a brake-line tool. $5.00.
Mold release wax. This stuff isn't expensive, it'll go free to whoever purchases the press.
Half-face mask. Appropriate for epoxy work we do. Size Medium. $5.00.
Black 2mm tipspacer material. This piece measures 89 cm by 36 cm. Take the whole thing for $15.00.
Clear topsheet purchase from skibuilders.com a long time ago. 33 cm wide. $6.00/meter.

I also have varying amounts of vertical grain fir, birch, ash, and bamboo. We can talk prices if you're buying a press because it won't be worth the cost to ship.
1 sheet of biaxial composite – carbon running vertically, basalt running horizonally. Super cool! You’ll be able to get 4-2 meter lengths out of this sheet (enough for 2 pairs of skis). $20.00
Image Image
18 pieces of .5” by .5” sidewall. Shortest of them measures 160 cm. I have 5-uneven pieces that will also go free to the person who takes the most of these. $3.00 each.
1 sheet of sidewall material. BTW, these are all crown products (tip spacer, base, sidewall). The dark blue sidewall piece measures 13.5 cm x 200 cm. $20.00.

Mistakenly cut base material. The pictures are in order and measurements are below.
Pair 1: 126-94-126
Pair 2: 140-112-140
Pair 3: 120-88-129
Pair 4: 120-85-120
Take them all for $10.00.
Image Image Image Image

Thanks everyone! Email me at artificial.skis@hotmail.com or feel free to call 509 392 1394. Be sure to leave a message if I don't answer. Again, make an offer if you’re unhappy! I want to get rid of this stuff and I’m willing to make an appropriate deal. ;)

Ski hard!
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

Looks like a nice press! Good luck selling everything!

I'll take 4 of the 1/2"x1/2" light blue sidewalls. Emailing you now...
kylea

Post by kylea »

Email sent about the Isosport topsheet.
Powforbreakfast.

Replied

Replied to you both!
Powforbreakfast.

Blue sheet of 200 cm sidewall is gone, 14 pieces of light blue sidewall remain.
Powforbreakfast.

Also, the mistakenly cut bases: 180 cm minimum length.
MadRussian

Post by MadRussian »

pm sent
vinman

Post by vinman »

Pm sent also
Fighting gravity on a daily basis
www.Whiteroomcustomskis.com
Powforbreakfast.

PMs replied! All sidewall material is gone, as is the VDS and edge bender.
Powforbreakfast.

Carbon/basalt is now gone.
Powforbreakfast.

Only 15 meters of isosport topsheet remains.
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

Email sent
sammer wrote: I'm still a tang on top guy.
Powforbreakfast.

Isosport is gone. 1.3 mm edges gone. 2 meters 1.3 base remains. mask is gone.
chrismp

Post by chrismp »

interesting mold! using this technique would mean that creating new shapes would be just a matter of having square pieces of mdf cut at the hardware store.
one question: how do you manage to not get any indentation of the mold ribs in your skis? (what kind material do you use to cover the mold and how thick are your aluminum skins?)

thanks!
Powforbreakfast.

That's right! I developed this method after being tired of 20 hours on the CNC every time I wanted a new mold. This is WAY cheaper, WAY faster, and WAY easier! Plus it's easier to utilize scrap MDF. I have three pieces of .5" steel all-thread that lies in drilled holes at the base of each piece of MDF. Small filler pieces of MDF are used every-other-rib because it's unnecessary to measure each rib every .75". My heat blanket lies directly on the ribs, a permanent layer of aluminum on top of that, and then the 2-piece aluminum set that sandwiches the ski. Therefore, you have the blanket and 2 pieces of aluminum between the ribs and your lamination - more than enough to overcome the corners of the mold and smooth things out. Has always worked perfectly! I believe each piece of aluminun is 3/64ths.
chrismp wrote:interesting mold! using this technique would mean that creating new shapes would be just a matter of having square pieces of mdf cut at the hardware store.
one question: how do you manage to not get any indentation of the mold ribs in your skis? (what kind material do you use to cover the mold and how thick are your aluminum skins?)

thanks!