Press kit for sale

All ski building related commercial posts go here. So if you want to advertise, sell something, etc., please do so here. Personal stuff should be placed in "Yard sale (non-commercial)".

Moderators: Head Monkey, skidesmond, chrismp

billl

Press kit for sale

Post by billl »

So... we're getting rid of a bunch of equipment.

"Press kit" contains:
- main bladder for pressing ski pairs or snowboards
- cat-track
- secondary bladder for punching out bases
- two NEW (less than 15 pairs built with these) silicone heat blankets (for top and bottom of the skis)
- two independent PID temperature controllers, completely wired and enclosed with solid state relays, switches, etc
- all fittings, valves, pneumatic hoses, pressure gauges, etc

All in great working condition.

The press can be seen in the video in this post: http://www.skibuilders.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3265 as well as in this video:

The kit is fully wired, fully assembled and ready to be used in your existing press frame. Just ground the control boxes, plug the blankets and controllers into any 120V/15A socket, plug the pneumatic quick-connect into your compressor and start pressing!

Replacement value in materials alone is about $2000. Not mentioning the many many hours of researching, sourcing, cutting, assembling etc

Asking $1500 obo. Easy to ship anywhere in North America.

Optionally you can also pick up the press frame itself, and our compressor. The frame is a very heavy item (8" I-beams construction). Pick up is preferred but delivery may be arranged locally (we're in Vancouver BC). Please pm with inquiries

Thanks for reading!
billl

Post by billl »

I am surprised to see no replies so far to this ad...

I know I would have loved to snatch that up when we started up... Just to think of the money and time savings - maybe the true cost of things is not obvious when you first get into ski building and $1500 seems like a lot? Actually it's a bargain, and the time and money that you will save can be spent actually building skis...

Any comments / feedback, please shoot
Brazen

Post by Brazen »

It just makes me really sad is all. Sorry man. :(
"86% of the time it works 100% of the time".
skiwacks

Post by skiwacks »

Still for Sale???
full circle

Post by full circle »

Hit me up Bill and we can figure out what we need to do to get this ball rollin. Thanks. 208 660 4883.
14costurm

money =(

Post by 14costurm »

I am only 17 and I know the investment buying something like this would be. Specially when your doing rails and going through a 700 dollar pair of skis a year. But I don't have a job! and my parent's won't borrow me money. I really have been searching for jobs tho!
twizzstyle

Re: money =(

Post by twizzstyle »

14costurm wrote:I am only 17 and I know the investment buying something like this would be. Specially when your doing rails and going through a 700 dollar pair of skis a year. But I don't have a job! and my parent's won't borrow me money. I really have been searching for jobs tho!
(it will be cheaper for you to keep buying production skis until you have a steady income) Also $700 for some park skis??? I'd go used, you can get really nice older park skis for $200 and under all over craigslist.
skidesmond

Re: money =(

Post by skidesmond »

twizzstyle wrote:
14costurm wrote:I am only 17 and I know the investment buying something like this would be. Specially when your doing rails and going through a 700 dollar pair of skis a year. But I don't have a job! and my parent's won't borrow me money. I really have been searching for jobs tho!
(it will be cheaper for you to keep buying production skis until you have a steady income) Also $700 for some park skis??? I'd go used, you can get really nice older park skis for $200 and under all over craigslist.
There's lots of park skis fairly cheap on the internet, even new ones. I'm a parent so I can understand where they are coming from :-D Sorry...
SniveliusMaximus

Post by SniveliusMaximus »

Is this bad boy still for sale?

I know, I've been here for 3 days and I'm in deep...
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

Hahaha! *mr burns voice* "excellent..."
skidesmond

Post by skidesmond »

.... and another one joins the asylum.....