Quantifying epoxy and cost per board.

For discussions related to the type of materials to build skis/snowboards and where to get them.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Damon

Post by Damon »

I'd be suprised if we got a response from Huntsman... we're a pretty miniscule market compared to who they sell to. And usually "sports" products is referring to the cure temperature... and their quality control.

Does anyone happen have any resin data from current suppliers? I'd be interested to know the tensile and flexural modulus of typical ski industry resins... that would help us identify which resins we should target, regardless of what industry it's marketed towards.
chrismp

Post by chrismp »

i've used the sicomin sr8500 / sz8525 combo for quite some time and was very happy with it.
i recently switched to entropy's super sap cpm though (more eco friendly). as far as i can tell these two systems behave very similar in terms of viscosity and properties.
the sicomin is a bit cheaper than the entropy in my part of the world.
i'm using around 700g per board...can't remember what i paid exactly, but i'll find out later.
prospectsnow

Post by prospectsnow »

I'm getting pricing from huntsman and it is cheap, really cheap. Like $6 per board. This is for a drum rather than a 5 gallon.

I'll expect the prices to go up a bit if smaller quantities are available. I'm waiting on a response here.

If I am able to get 5 or 6 gallon kits and there is benefit to put down some quantity to get a discount would anyone be in if our per board price is say... under $10 for a given 750grams of epoxy?
We have snowboard and kiteboard build kits!
https://prtahoe.com/collections/build-kits