Group buy on edges anyone?

For discussions related to the type of materials to build skis/snowboards and where to get them.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

jvangelder

Post by jvangelder »

FigmentOriginal

Post by FigmentOriginal »

You hit the motherload!

Are you looking to sell any of it?
chrismp

Post by chrismp »

wow, nice one! that's going to be an awful lot of work to roll of and cut the spools you're sending out to the other guys...
jvangelder

Post by jvangelder »

Almost all of it is spoken for. Ill post up what we have left if there is any.

as for unspooling the edge, we stood around it last night stairing at it.. dreading breaking it up. We have a few idea's. biggest worry is not having enough tension on it and it unspooling its self....

-Jacob
skidesmond

Post by skidesmond »

Wow, that's a lot of edges! As for cutting lengths of the roll, you could create a box like structure w/ a hole in the middle and pull a length out, kind of like electrical wire. Not sure if it will pull out easily w/ the tangs. That stuff reminds me when I use to hang razor ribbon on chain link fence, no easy way to do it except carefully.
ben_mtl

Post by ben_mtl »

well... if you lose patience trying to unroll thos edges, don't put it in the garbage, let me know and I might be able to take this load (=roll) off your shoulders :)

Let me know if you have any leftover, might be interested too and I'm not that far from you :p
A bad day skiing is always better than a good one at work...
skidesmond

Post by skidesmond »

Hi J - I'd be interested in any leftovers as well. Don't know how I missed the post. I'm not to far from Southern NH.
Raccoon

Post by Raccoon »

Salut Ben,

j'en ai commandé 1400 pieds à Jacob. Si il lui en reste apres avoir séparé avec les autres menbres du "group buy" et qu'il t'en vends on pourrait peut etre organiser un envoi groupé jusqu'a Mtl ou chez freeport à Champlain. Je pourrai récuperer ma part à Mtl.
laisse moi savoir

Julien
www.evasionkiteboards.com
jvangelder

Post by jvangelder »

Julien, i cant quite translate your msg.

You are part of the group buy though, i havent forgotten you. Once i get your 1400feet off the spool ill get it weighed for shipment to the NY address you have mentioned

If you have any questions my email is jacob@injured-rideres.com

cell is 603-312-9099, if you call before 530 eastern leave a message as i will be at work untill then

-Jacob