QCM Update

For discussions related to the type of materials to build skis/snowboards and where to get them.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

iggyskier

QCM Update

Post by iggyskier »

Just FYI. Figured I would just start a new thread - looks like they found someone else to pick up QCM production. No idea how they will do handling small orders. If I hear anything else from Greg, I will update this thread.

Image[/img]
G-man

Post by G-man »

Good news. Thanks very much.

G-man
Dr. Delam

Post by Dr. Delam »

Second that. Hoping they do smaller orders.
sammer

Post by sammer »

Thanks for the update.
It is good news!

sam
You don't even have a legit signature, nothing to reveal who you are and what you do...

Best of luck to you. (uneva)
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

Phew, and still local! This is great news (pending confirmation of small orders of course). Thanks Scott!
G-man

Post by G-man »

As a further update, I just spoke with a woman named Debbie Brooks at the Kent, Washington Forest Tech Coatings facility, and placed an order through her. She did say, however, that the primary contact person for ordering epoxy products (former QCM stuff) is Greg Davis, who is located at the Eugene, Oregon manufacturing facility (contact info above in Scott's post). Debbie reports that the epoxy is now being made in Eugene, and that the Eugene facility is currently working on filling some remaining back-log orders from the original QCM facility. She gave me a lead time on my new order for EMV-0049 of 2 weeks. She also said that orders for epoxy can be picked up at the Eugene facility. I didn't get any pricing yet, as that is supposed to be coming via e-mail. I must admit that I still have my fingers crossed over this product transition. I'll probably pick up my first batch in Eugene so I can maybe see first-hand how stable and reliable things look/seem.

Regards.

G-man
skibum

Post by skibum »

Ya Debbie is the person I spoke with. QCM EMV 0043 is now called 218 S000 and ECA 032 is now 212 K003. Don't quote me on it but shipping appears to be free in Washington because of the paint deliveries they do. Saves on the dangerous good fees!
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

skibum wrote:Ya Debbie is the person I spoke with. QCM EMV 0043 is now called 218 S000 and ECA 032 is now 212 K003. Don't quote me on it but shipping appears to be free in Washington because of the paint deliveries they do. Saves on the dangerous good fees!
Man, what an epoxy-emotional roller coaster! QCM epoxy is going away... but wait another company is picking it up, and hey they're local to me so no shipping! but wait they're not actually local still need to ship, but wait shipping might be free!

:|
skidesmond

Post by skidesmond »

Thanks for the QCM update.
skibum

Post by skibum »

Free shipping confirmed in Washington. It is just based on their paint delivery schedule but it seems pretty regular. They also has a distribution place in Vancouver so if arrangements are made in advance that is also possible.
VBLL

Post by VBLL »

That's really a good thing for me if i'm now able to buy it in Canada! Great if it works!
OnDeck

Post by OnDeck »

Jsut called Greg, set up an account, and was told my order (small; 5g of epoxy plus 1g of hardener) will ship today. Cost seems to be close to what it was with QCM.

Doesn;t seem to be any interruption of service. Thank god, because i really felt like I turned a corner when I switched to QCM.
bobbyrobie

Post by bobbyrobie »

what was the cost on it if u dont mind me asking?
OnDeck

Post by OnDeck »

I thought I responded to this, but it doesn;t seem to be around anymore. I guess that wasn;t very proffesional of me.

I hope i'm not being unproffesional by saying I wasn;t particularly dissapointed with the cost, considering my small order.
OAC

Post by OAC »

OnDeck wrote:Jsut called Greg, set up an account, and was told my order (small; 5g of epoxy plus 1g of hardener).
That's a small order! :)