Affordable firehose supplier

For discussions related to the type of materials to build skis/snowboards and where to get them.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

WhitePine

Affordable firehose supplier

Post by WhitePine »

Does anybody have any links to any affordable firehose dealers? I'm looking for approximately 10ft of 5 or 6in diameter hose capable to a minimum of 75psi.
Sherpa Burns

Post by Sherpa Burns »

House of Hose in Spokane Washington. I bought 20 feet of 8" lay flat hose for $102.00. This was about a year ago. Hoses are rated to 200psi if I remember right.
powderho

Post by powderho »

Whitepine--you in the SLC area? I thought you were for some reason. Either way, I got my hose from L.N. Curtis and Sons in Salt Lake. They are a huge supplier of fire equipment. When I went in there the guy remembered selling hose to Igneus, Pre, and some other old, defunct, company that I'm spacing their name of. Anyway, they originally wanted to sell me an entire roll, but they found a scrap piece to sell me instead. It still was $125 for just under 20 feet. The hose has worked perfect for me.

Here's a link: http://www.lncurtis.com/
WhitePine

Post by WhitePine »

Ok, I look into those sources. Thanks guys. I tried going the cheap route but the Unified Fire Authority here in SLC wouldn't give up any of their old hoses. I guess I'll have to start spending some cash.
MadRussian

Post by MadRussian »

MadRussian

Post by MadRussian »

WhitePine

Post by WhitePine »

Aargh I was ready to pull the trigger on that ebay one... Till I noticed the $40 shipping fee.
MadRussian

Post by MadRussian »

WhitePine wrote:Aargh I was ready to pull the trigger on that ebay one... Till I noticed the $40 shipping fee.
40??????? Are you living in Alaska?
WhitePine

Post by WhitePine »

That was the standard rate. That's actually the single biggest reason I stopped using eBay years ago. They lure you in with a low price and then they bend you over with an exaggerately inflated S&H fee. I'd rather support a local shop if I'm gonna pay out the nose.
MadRussian

Post by MadRussian »

WhitePine wrote:That was the standard rate. That's actually the single biggest reason I stopped using eBay years ago. They lure you in with a low price and then they bend you over with an exaggerately inflated S&H fee. I'd rather support a local shop if I'm gonna pay out the nose.
strange when I looked at auction on eBay it was $22 + change for shipment.

Did you try local fire departments?
sammer

Post by sammer »

um, it says $23 shipping to usa, $43 to canada
And yes you pay ebay and paypal a percentage of your sale (I believe), so sell cheap to minimize fees and make up for it increased shipping costs is pretty standard.
Too much for that little chunk of hose.
Just go to your local fire dept and ask them.
The worst that can happen is they turn the hose on you and tell you to get lost.
At least in canada that's the worst that can happen, our firemen don't carry guns.
I guess it could be worse in the states but I doubt it :)

sam
You don't even have a legit signature, nothing to reveal who you are and what you do...

Best of luck to you. (uneva)
WhitePine

Post by WhitePine »

Yeah, because I needed 2 10ft sections, I was going to order 2 of his 15ft sections. So total shipping ended up just under $40. My first option was to ask the local fire department (Unified Fire Authority), but they wouldn't or said they couldn't give me any without going through a bunch of paperwork and contacting the head honcho downtown for his approval.

Well, I think someone is really trying to keep me from progressing on this project. We just had our second flood this year last night. And now they are telling me $3500-4500 to rip out our sewage line and put in a new one. Not to mention the toll it will take on our front yard. Home ownership kinda sucks right now. Poor me. I'll stop whining now.
MadRussian

Post by MadRussian »

LorenaOpen

Post by LorenaOpen »

I recommend to try to look in ebay.
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

I love when bots get on and post on our forum. In one post it says go to ebay, in another post it says go to amazon, it doesn't trust ebay. Awesome.