ski press

For discussions related to designing and making ski/snowboard-building equipment, such as presses, core profilers, edge benders, etc.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

loafskibum

ski press

Post by loafskibum »

i live in maine. anyone know where i can get a ski press?
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

Welcome to SkiBuilders.

Most (all?) people on here build their own ski presses, it isn't the kind of thing you can just go buy. Keep reading, you have some learning to do :)
falls

Post by falls »

I think on the graf snowboard site there might be links to buy presses. Or it might be snowboard materials. They were expensive though. Plotting your own design is much better though, notto mention if you actually can build it yourself
Last edited by falls on Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
heliski989

Post by heliski989 »

Scott @ on3p had one for sale, might want to check with him.

We may be building a new press in the next week or so. if so ill sell my old one to you.
amidnightproject

Re: ski press

Post by amidnightproject »

loafskibum wrote:i live in maine. anyone know where i can get a ski press?
I live in Maine as well. I go to school in Orono at UM and am building a press for my senior project. And from what I've seen you'll have to build one as well.
KevyWevy

Post by KevyWevy »

or you guys could share the cost and the press if your close enough. ;)

Ski Press for Sale

Post by 907 »

I noticed that you were looking for a ski press for sale. I was part of a team at UAA that made a ski press for a school project and don't know what to do with it...none of us have too much spare time. We are interested in selling it for just the price of the materials.
I don't know how much shipping would be either...let me know if you are interested. In the meantime I'll add up all the receipts.
AKGeoSkier

Post by AKGeoSkier »

Shipping from AK would be disastrously expensive. Unless you can pick it up with a truck, your better off getting the materials yourself and having it welded by a buddy, or making the mistake of bolting it together (myself included on that one).

907- Try craigslist or put up a bulletin at World cup. There are at least three of us in Anchorage building right now... could be more lurking around.
AKGeoSkier

Post by AKGeoSkier »

907- what kind of press is it? Is it heated?
knightsofnii

Re: Ski presses

Post by knightsofnii »

what's going on with these posts from the future? Marty McFly has come back with a T100 terminator to help us build? ;)
Doug
Idris

Post by Idris »

I think someones computer time/date is set wrong - please can one of the moderators fix the post, I keep thinking there is something new here :(
krp8128

Post by krp8128 »

Idris wrote:
I think someones computer time/date is set wrong - please can one of the moderators fix the post, I keep thinking there is something new here :(
This isn't the only thread either, this http://www.skibuilders.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2165 has the same problem.