fat cat

Document your personal work here. Show photos, movies, and share your secrets.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Misha

fat cat

Post by Misha »

For a new season has made one more pair a ski.
I did park ski (I want to make fifty/fifty on a rail) but with the account to drive on snowdrifts.
Geometry 157/124/154 R19 L-180cm. camber - 2cm. a design - 2000 P-Tex base (with graphic), triax fib, a birch woodcore (a horizontal laminate) +black epoxy sidewalls, triaxial fib+biax fib, cotton, srtasses 8) , graphic topsheet.
Cats were drawn with the wife with two days
Pressed again vacuum.

tiaxial fib

biaxial fib

Now I wait when will pile a snow))) already went on jibbing street)))) funny)))

Misha Murchonn
Last edited by Misha on Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
From R with l :)
Murchonn
Josh

Post by Josh »

Those are some pretty wide skis. looks like you will have some fun with them.
Josh
West Midlands, Uk
chuck

Post by chuck »

Nice work, I really like the base graphics. How did you do them? Was it painted on or die cut in?

Is the top graphics on cotton? or graphics on topsheet?
Misha

Post by Misha »

I used acryle paint on a water basis. The schedule on topsheet))) we with the wife two days drew) the cotton used for a background. It was necessary to use black resin. A ski would turn out more easy :|
Murchonn
jiri23

core

Post by jiri23 »

Hi, do you have some pictures how did you done the core? Skis looking great!
Misha

Post by Misha »

Unfortunately photos are not present... woodcore I did one and to photograph was not to whom: (

Due to this ski article in Russian magazine skistyle has appeared :oops:

Now we shoot ns and snowboard film
Some photos from it with me :oops:

Murchonn
jiri23

Post by jiri23 »

Great pics! Nevermind if you have photos from the woodcore, did you laminated the core by yourself or did you purchoased a quality plywood and used it as core like 333 skis?
doughboyshredder

Post by doughboyshredder »

jiri23 wrote:Great pics! Nevermind if you have photos from the woodcore, did you laminated the core by yourself or did you purchoased a quality plywood and used it as core like 333 skis?
I agree on the awesome pics.

jiri23 this guy obviously isn't an idiot so he didn't use plywood from the local hardware store.
nate

Post by nate »

doughboyshredder wrote: jiri23 this guy obviously isn't an idiot so he didn't use plywood from the local hardware store.
Why do you say that? I used a 7ply baltic birch on my skis and I don't feel I'm an idiot. ;)
doughboyshredder

Post by doughboyshredder »

nate wrote:
doughboyshredder wrote: jiri23 this guy obviously isn't an idiot so he didn't use plywood from the local hardware store.
Why do you say that? I used a 7ply baltic birch on my skis and I don't feel I'm an idiot. ;)
sure about that :D

jk......

Just completely sick of seeing references to one of the shittiest builders around.
jiri23

Post by jiri23 »

Hi Doughboyshredder! I didnt wanted to upset you! :D I totally understand that you dont like that man. Also I want you to know that nobody spoke here about an ordinary plywood from local hardware store. What I am heading for is B/BB quality birch ply and I do have had some difficulities to find supplier that could provide it to me in my area. I also considered to press my own horizontal core - but unfortunatelly i didnt found an supplier for vaneer that cheap and I do have some construction questions like shlould I use crosssections? If so - how many? Is it an issue if I use for the crossection more then one piece of vaneer? If pressed - would it be a good idea to press in one time with rainforcements and base?
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

horizontal lamination has been relatively unexplored in the ski/snowboard realm.

My biggest issue with it, is what do you lose when you profile it? should it be profiled at all? I have not seen it done in what I would consider a professional manner yet. I know Hammer snowboards does or has done it but who knows how or what they're using, etc.
Doug
Misha

Post by Misha »

Plywood glued itself. Initially the idea very much liked - with each new layer rigidity will raise. It and so was can? But in practice not so it was pleasant to me. In a result I have broken this ski after good falling on socks. The core has broken very strange - directly under a bolt of the head bindings :? . many speak me that anyone a ski would break. But nevertheless it seems to me that it is the reason plywood woodcore.
The idea with plywood is very good (to make easily - to process one pleasure), but is not so strong. Too soft core in comparison with a usual vertical laminate at the same thickness.

On me - so I shall not make more.
(if only in snowboards)

Well that at me it is a lot of ski)))))))))))

P.S. Has overlooked to tell that the press the form at me is adjusted on length in an average part of the form.
Murchonn
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

Misha wrote: In a result I have broken this ski after good falling on socks. The core has broken very strange - directly under a bolt of the head bindings :? many speak me that anyone a ski would break. But nevertheless it seems to me that it is the reason plywood woodcore.
think you nailed it!