Show off your work tables / benches

For discussions related to designing and making ski/snowboard-building equipment, such as presses, core profilers, edge benders, etc.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

webboy

Show off your work tables / benches

Post by webboy »

Been lurking here for a few weeks, but here comes my first post. (I searched and didn't find anything, btw.) Been thinking about getting set up this winter and hopefully be ready for spring. I wondered if you guys might post some pictures of your work tables or benches (or whatever you prefer to call them.) I'm basically looking for some inspiration and ideas. I realize that there are different types of tables for different parts of the process, but I am starting from scratch (read: totally empty space,) so whatever you want to show off would be cool. Any other advice on dimensions, height, etc would be much appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance.
SHIF

Post by SHIF »

I simply use a solid-core door as a work surface, 36 x 80 inch size.
This is clamped to the top beam on my ski press frame.
I designed the frame so this work surface is the same height as my table saw, so it also functions as a large out-feed table when ripping boards to make templates, press forms, and ski cores.

Cheers,
-S
nick

Post by nick »

Actually, I am curious about the same things. It would be interesting to see everyone's setup of their shop and what works best with them. I always find it cool to see how everyone has a different way of working. But you can find a few pics of people's shops in the journal section, but not many.
skidesmond

Post by skidesmond »

I thought there was a category for workshop pics but now I can't find it. I like the idea. There are some pics of workshops during the build process.
My shop doubles as a ski building shop and wood working shop so there's always something in progress. It's roughly 16 feet x24 feet. I have 2 jewelery boxes in progress and well as fine tuning the ski press and making cores. Add tools and work benches and it becomes small very fast. Never seems to be big enough. Plus a about 150-200 board feet of ash/maple just waiting to become skis or furniture. I'll post some pics once it's cleaned and better organized.
nick

Post by nick »

I'll post pics as I build up my shop. But I want ideas on tables, racks and other goodies to use.
skidesmond

Post by skidesmond »

Ah I found it.... Look under the Forum: Apre Ski Building, Subject: Photos of Our Workshops by G-Man on page 2. Great looking shop. The outside of the building looks like an old time building from a Hollywood movie set. Wicked cool looking. Nice setup inside.

There are other pics from ski builders also w/ converted garages, basements and barns. Once I get mine cleaned up I'll post pics in the Apre Ski Building forum, Subject: Photos of Our Workshops.
webboy

Post by webboy »

Great! We'll check that then. Thanks for the replies and looking forward to fresh pictures. ;)
skidesmond

Post by skidesmond »