Hendryx skis

For discussions related to ski/snowboard construction/design methods and techniques.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Henrik

Post by Henrik »

Thats what I thougt to Davide but WC skiis have very low camber. If you have a look at the core profile on WC skis you can see that they have a more stabel center and very flexy tips and this is probably because they want high edge pressure under foot for grip and tips are more for steering the skiis in to turns.
Here I think we come in to emperical experiences!

Time to change name? Big Cam! That is some camber!
Thanks for good work!

Henrik
Professor!
Bertborge

Post by Bertborge »

I took a closer look at my Elan SLX this weakend and i realiced (whish i have never reflected over earlier) that they have only max 5mm chamber.
Åke Ökar!!!
newmie

Post by newmie »

Im not sure I agree with world cup racers breaking skis to lose camber---after 15 years of ski racing I have never heard anything so contoversial. World cup racers today go through dozens of skis because after only a few weeks they lose their camber and "pop" out of a turn...(correct me if im wrong here). Also, in terms of jumping, I think camber is irrelevent. First of all, the "pop" would come from the stiffness of the ski, and the skiers ability to compress the ski. Secondly, I think a skis contribution to "pop" off a jump is a misconception. Knees and legs should do the poping, unless you are a fresstyle bump skier.
Biggie

Post by Biggie »

well actually newmie, camber does effect pop, because when you load up a ski it wants to rebound to its natural shape, therefore when you have alot of camber your weight alone loads the ski a certain amount.

Also, on jumps pop is crucial for how the ski behaves due to the fact that the ski is loaded by the curve of the jump, and it definetly effects your jumping . I really noticed when i went from absolutely dead skogens to relatively new troublemakers, it makes a big difference off jumps, especiall when you carve off jumps which further loads the ski through the sidecut.