materials in Innsbruck++

For discussions related to the type of materials to build skis/snowboards and where to get them.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

endre

materials in Innsbruck++

Post by endre »

I'm going down to Innsbruck some week (when the snow arrives) to buy materials. What more than Friedrich deutsch, IMS and Isosport makes ski/SB materials there (or nearby?) Anywhere I can get M6 inserts? Some ski/snowboard builders from there want to show me their factory? That would definately be very nice!
Alex

Post by Alex »

Hi Endre,

did you contact Isosport and Deutsch before? I asked them for materials about half a year ago and they told me that the minimum quantities are 200m rolls!

Do you travel via Munich - maybe we can arrange a meeting to talk a little bit about ski building?
davide

Post by davide »

Probably I will be in Neustift (Stubai) on the 19-20 nov and in Innsbruck on the 21st. If are around that time I would join you.
endre

Post by endre »

shure! Munich is kind of hard to avoid driving there from Norway by car. ;) (maby I go during ISPO 29th of january, or earlier)
I plan to buy 65 kg. of steel edge, and lots of topsheets, so if you want to split some of it you'r welcome to! I have a lot of basematerial, but need some more in a while.
endre

Post by endre »

you were a bit quicker than me there davide... I haven't planned going down there as quick as that, but maby! I'l let you know.
davide

Post by davide »

With 65Kg of edges you can make enough skis for all the norwegians...

I will be there for the Telemark-Festival.
endre

Post by endre »

Yes that would be great! :D Actually 65 kg of edge. is 150 pairs of skis, which would last for many years for me and my friends.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Endre, i'm realy interested in Topsheets and thick base material/edges (2mm). I've only got regular base and edges in 1,2mm. So if you can share some for 2 or 3 pairs of ski it would be wonderfull.

Meeting in Munich would be a great thing - just let me know when you arrive!

Stubai is on my plans for November too - just waiting for the snow!!
endre

Post by endre »

I tryed getting 2mm. bases once to, pretty unpossible, they seldome make it, and I doubt it is a big point using so fat bases. But i have 110metres of 150 x 1,5mm in Oslo. I could bring some of it if you want.
Alex

Post by Alex »

That's strange - many companies (Völkl, Atomic,...) use 2mm bases for there Freeride Skis - so there should be something on the market. As far as i understood Isosport they can provide individual strenth of base material. Minimum amount is a 200m roll (about 200 EUR).

A thick base becomes interesting for me when i will use expensive materials like carbon fiber. Contact with rocks is unfortunately a common thing when freeriding :(
endre

Post by endre »

let's find out and buy some Alex, we ca split a roll. The woman at IMS told me 1yr. ago they didn't have it, but maby it was just because I'm such a small fish. The thickest they could make for me was 1,5. I'm definately interested in everything that is extravagant and out of every proportion ;)
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Hi endre and alex, i am very interested in spliting some edges and base materials (and topsheets) too! We are from Czech Republic and it was such a pain in the ass to get edg&base for only five pairs...it sucks...So, if you dont mind, can we go with you? :) btw, no problem for us to drive to innsbruck, I was on hintertuxer gletscher two weeks ago for some early skiing and it was great!! Let the powder come....

btw, endre, about the inserts...we were finally able to get some 8 mm M6 from one small snb manufacturer here in czech, but it was only limited quantity...they told us that they are making them by their own...I almost believe that NOBODY in our good old Europe offers some kind of standart inserts...sh..t

so, pls, let us know about the hard-to-get mats! :)
Alex

Post by Alex »

I will get in touch wis isosport again and let you know what they can offer.
endre

Post by endre »

Making their own inserts? That sounds very strange.! There are so many large scale snowboardmanifacturers in europe, they can't all be making their own inserts!
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Yeah, I know, I had the same feelling when I heard it..... :)