WTB: M5 inserts

For non-commerical sales of materials, equipment, and resources related to ski/snowboard building

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

krp8128

WTB: M5 inserts

Post by krp8128 »

I haven't had much luck with Camax (small or large quantities) but I really need some M5 inserts.

Anyone willing to share?
krp8128

Post by krp8128 »

BUMP!!!

Please, anyone?

Help keep the stoke alive...

KevyWevy

Post by KevyWevy »

check http://www.mcmaster.com/ have inserts that are almost identical. just type threaded inserts into the search section. they have a few different sizes and they're only like $12 for a pack of 100 !!!!

but that's only if you're a little flexible on the threads. i ended up getting english standard machine thread (10/32) for mine.

take a look. hope that helps.
oh... and the holes go all the way through... but i just fill them with some wax to keep resin from getting in them during lay up. :)

mattman

Post by mattman »

i have a large amount of M5 inserts that are 3/4" tall. I cut them to length when i need them shorter. they are all stainless, blind holes, and capped (non-magnetic). if you are interested in buying some let me know.
krp8128

Post by krp8128 »

mattman wrote:i have a large amount of M5 inserts that are 3/4" tall. I cut them to length when i need them shorter. they are all stainless, blind holes, and capped (non-magnetic). if you are interested in buying some let me know.
mattman has hooked me up!!

BIg thanks, I was getting sick of dealing unsuccessfully with camax, and didn't want to skimp on the inserts.

P.S. I'm an ME at RIT, that airfoil looks sick...