CNC for east coasters

For discussions related to designing and making ski/snowboard-building equipment, such as presses, core profilers, edge benders, etc.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Team08

CNC for east coasters

Post by Team08 »

I have a shopbot on the way and can help you East coasters out if you need some CNC work. I am in MA (originally from Maine so I am no Masshole) and make snowboards but I guess I could help out my fellow snow sliders!
hose-man

Post by hose-man »

As a westerner I cannot take advantage of your generosity, but I would like to let you know that I'm impressed by your generous offer. Kudos to you & congrats on the purchase. I hope it meets your expectations.
melvs

Post by melvs »

how long until you get it, as I am from NH and would no doubt be able to find a use for it.
-Pat

Post by Guest »

It will be here around Nov. 11th.
bigKam
Site Admin

Post by bigKam »

what are you charging to profile, say, a set of cores?
melvs

Post by melvs »

how about just a simple template for shape, no profiling?
-Pat

Post by Guest »

Once I get it I can figure that all out. Its really just more of a stop by, bring some beers and shoot the s*** and play with a CNC machine. I might offer out some special work but I cannot reliably offer such service yet.
melvs

Post by melvs »

I'm down, I would love to play with a CNC machine and learn how. Where abouts in Mass is it?
-Pat
Ben

Post by Ben »

I will be in Bedford (not New Bedford) for a little while longer (before spending the winter in CO). Would you be able to help me make a template to router pieces to make the bottom part of a ski press? It dosen't have to be a fancy material, just durable to survive the trip unwarped.
Thank you much,
Ben
team08

Post by team08 »

I can help you out. The CNC should be here in a week or so, and then give me a couple weeks to set it up. This might be after you leave but let me know. I will post once things are running here.
Class5

Post by Class5 »

Dude, I have gotta say I am more than a little jealous of you. Your own CNC, WOW! I look forward to seeing the stuff that you turn out.

Cheers!
James
Ben

Post by Ben »

Sweet, I appreciate it though it turns out I have to leave on Thurs or Fri as my first day is the day before Thanksgiving. Though My friend (also from Bedford) whom I am working with on this project may be inerested in stopping by, this works out as he works with CAD stuff at his job.
jacobsen1

Post by jacobsen1 »

team08 wrote:I can help you out. The CNC should be here in a week or so, and then give me a couple weeks to set it up. This might be after you leave but let me know. I will post once things are running here.
I realize this is an old thread, but I'm wondering if this offer is still available? I'm in RI and would love to get some help making some MDF pieces for my molds and core profiler... Can your CNC machine handle a 4'x8' sheet of MDF? If so that would be awesome as that's the part I know I'm going to have the most issues with is making all these pieces IDENTICAL... The CNC would take care of that for me in no time.

Thanks a lot!
Ben
team08

Post by team08 »

I can offer some help but I have been so busy lately with my own things that I am not sure when I can give you guys a hand (I have had a couple more people ask for work). I will keep you posted if I free up soon. Thanks!