Single Ski or Splitboard press for Sale $400 with/bladder

For non-commerical sales of materials, equipment, and resources related to ski/snowboard building

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

scottychop

Single Ski or Splitboard press for Sale $400 with/bladder

Post by scottychop »

$400 or best, will trade for a canoe, fly fishing gear, lift tickets, paragliding equip.....what you got?

This is a 5/16"wall tube steel press frame, and air bladder used to build skis and split boards. There is a mold that comes with it for a 163cm splitboard design of my own. I have some triaxial fiberglass to throw in as well, enough for a few pairs. No epoxy. I have 7' x 6" x .75" Ash left over for half a core also.

If you want to use my design, i'll throw in my core profiler and shuttle.

I do have one half of a prototype splitboard to show if you want to see what this press is capable off. I have pressed a few now, and all were done at about 50psi overnight, with no topsheet, just fiberglass. No wrinkles at all.

Give me a shout on email, or call me after 5pm at 425-299-6869

[img]http://www.chopperweb.info/gallery/data ... 79.JPG[img]
Last edited by scottychop on Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
scottychop

pics?

Post by scottychop »

Not sure why the pics aren't uploading. Tried Picassa and another online chat site. email me for pics. You can cut and paste and it should work. Can anyone fix this?

scottychop@gmail.com
Wannabebuilder

Post by Wannabebuilder »

You have to have a certain # of posts to put this here.
You also forgot a /

interesting to put the bladder on top of the mold.
scottychop

Thanks!

Post by scottychop »

Thanks for fixing that up.

The bladder is in the wrong position in the pic. I just stuck it together to get a photo. I normally resides between like it should.

Scott
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

ive worked with presses that were done that way, but with the bladder underneath the bottom mold pushing it up into the top. it was also furnace/hot water heated. quite an interesting system considering there were 4 presses in a row.

anyway, yours looks like a nice simple design. Correct me if i'm wrong but do i see a bend at the far end?
Doug
scottychop

Bend,

Post by scottychop »

The press does bend a bit, thus the crossbraces. In the pic, it's under 50psi and is bowed. At first I was a little put off by this, thinking I'd get a bad press as a result, but it didn't matter at all. I got great lamination all the way down the length of the boards.

Scott
Wannabebuilder

Post by Wannabebuilder »

I don't think anyone is worried about deflection reducing the quality of the lamination it's just potentially dangerous.

Your price is high for a deflective press. ;)
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

ok it looked bent because I was looking at it wrong.

And more of those center bracing things would reduce deflection.

I dont think 400 is too high, how much lower can you get? its cheaper than a vac system already.
Doug
scottychop

Price:

Post by scottychop »

If your serious, make me an offer. I have close to this amount in material cost for the press and fiberglass alone, plus my time of course.

It says obo in the offer, and I am willing to negotiate.
Scott
Damon

Post by Damon »

Where is the press located? Your # is 425, so I'm guessing Washington? You were making 163cm boards, what are the dims of the press? I need to be able to make atleast 190cm skis.

-Damon
tharvey

Post by tharvey »

are you willing just to sell the bladder? because thats the perfect size for the press i think. thats all i need left before i can finally after 2 months wait to start pressing. how much for the bladder? if you are willing to sell it of course
voodoo

Post by voodoo »

IS THE PRESS STILL AVAILABLE OR HAS IT SOLD?

ARE YOU IN WASHINGTON? WHAT PART?
I'M IN Ida/ore.
scottychop

Sold

Post by scottychop »

Sold