FS - Heated Pneumatic Ski Press

For non-commerical sales of materials, equipment, and resources related to ski/snowboard building

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

iggyskier

FS - Heated Pneumatic Ski Press

Post by iggyskier »

So throwing this up there. I may already have a local buyer, but though I should get this up anyway.

It is about 8' long, stands about 5' high. Press cavity it 84" long, 15" high, 10" wide.

Main beams are 94" 5" x 5" x 3/8".

It is drilled for ~ 148 1/2" grade 8 bolts. Each bolt has 2 washers, a lock washer, and at least 2 nuts.

It can be taken apart and put together ina few hours.

The hose is already sealed, and I have a spare that will come with it.

It has a PID controller and a MEI heat blanket ready to go.

Cat track is 3/4" aluminum tubing and attached to some aluminum angles with I think 21 springs per side.

I press at 70 psi with no problem, and have tested it up to 100 psi.

Length wise I am able to press 191cm true tip to tail, but going longer maybe a really tight fit.

We can discuss the molds, if it is going to just be used for home building then I am willing to let them go. My mold allows you to mix and max rocker sections to whatever you want.

I have:
2 stock tip/tail sections - ~ 6cm tip rise over 15cm
2 15cm x 1.5cm rocker sections
2 25cm x 2cm rocker sections
1 25cm x 2.5cm rocker section
2 35cm x 2.5cm rocker sections

I also have the top mold.

I would also allow you to take all the aluminum that comes with the press, which is a few hundred bucks in 1/16" 6061 aluminum sheeting in mostly pretty good shape.

Main frame

I think all together this easily cost $4000. Looking to get 1/2 that ideally.

It would need to be picked up pretty soon. If you have a full size truck bet it will fit completely fine. I will help take it apart (which will also show you how to put it together) which takes around 2 hours.

Once together, and plugged it, it is ready to press.

Email me at skiups9ATgmailDOTcom to discuss this more. Thanks.
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

howcome you're selling? You moving? Did you not just build that within the last few months? Looks awesome.
Doug