Trimming Skis

For discussions related to ski/snowboard construction/design methods and techniques.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

bush_belay

Trimming Skis

Post by bush_belay »

Is it possible to cut a ski down in length and just tuck in the edges? Will it mess up the whole 'science' of the ski? The skis I would cut would be a Yostmark Mountain Noodle 200 or a Classic Noodle in a 192. I would want to trim them down around 170. Am I crazy if I tried? Is it possible? Thanks
endre

Post by endre »

If you mean cutting off the tail of a ski and moving the binding foreward, yes! it will definately do something to the "science". among other things you will get a very stiff tail.
Idris

Post by Idris »

It may well mess with the sicence as you put it. But it is perfectly feasable. I removed edges from a ski, filed it to a different shape and the glued the edges back in.
bigKam
Site Admin

Re: Trimming Skis

Post by bigKam »

do it. ride it. then write about it. i'm curious. if you like, send us the words and photos and we'll post it as an article on the main sight.....
bush_belay wrote:Is it possible to cut a ski down in length and just tuck in the edges? Will it mess up the whole 'science' of the ski? The skis I would cut would be a Yostmark Mountain Noodle 200 or a Classic Noodle in a 192. I would want to trim them down around 170. Am I crazy if I tried? Is it possible? Thanks