skateboard/longboard glue

For discussions related to the type of materials to build skis/snowboards and where to get them.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

mattman

skateboard/longboard glue

Post by mattman »

so i am looking to do some veneering for a longboard deck and am not sure what makes "skateboard glue" any different. I know snowboardmaterials as well as some other do-it-yourself shops sell skateboard specific glue...is it really necessary to use this over something else, like Titebond II or III?
odin

Post by odin »

Multibond sk8 is a good glue but more geared towards larger manufactures with a glue spreading machine. TitebondIII is made by the same folks (Franklin Int.) and is pretty much the best qualities of all thier products in one bottle.
We have been laminating skateboards and custom hardwood veneers for just over six years now and have tried alot of glues. For the best results for little cost Titebond III is great. However we have just switched over to a fine Polyurethane adhesive for all of our laminating, with great results.
Do a serch for Excell glue it's a fraction of the cost of what you can buy at Home depot.

Hope that helps....

Mike
plywood

Post by plywood »

epoxy also works well for pretty everything :)
plywood freeride industries - go ply, ride wood!
endre

Post by endre »

epoxy works great for skateboards, the price is probably the only reason for not using it. skateboards need a lot of glue.
Motherhucker

Post by Motherhucker »

Gorilla Glue works fine.
Me and my friend just do two 1/4" pieces of baltic birch plywood with gorilla glue in the middle.
It is nice because it needs moisture to cure well. You can steam or soak the wood a little bit, and make it pliable.
Too much moisutre can cause the plywood to delam.
JansonBoard

Re: skateboard/longboard glue

Post by JansonBoard »

epoxy works great for skateboards, the price is probably the only reason for not using it. skateboards need a lot of glue.

Not understand it.