binding hole patterns?????????????

For discussions related to the type of materials to build skis/snowboards and where to get them.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

mdj032

binding hole patterns?????????????

Post by mdj032 »

i was wondering where i could get one of these binding templates for my skis.

i was thinking, do contact whoever made the bindings or can you get it from somewhere else???
camhard

Post by camhard »

pretty sure they run at around $300. I could be wrong, but this is what I've heard. Try a shop; they might have something, or could direct you to the right people.
krp8128

Post by krp8128 »

mdj,

What binding? I have a PDF template for a Salomon binding. All I had to do was re-size for my boot, print it out and find the center of my ski. Another option, if removing from another pair of skis, is to trace over the old holes to make a new template. Or, you could freehand on a piece of scrap until you get it right, and then make a template from that.

If you are looking for a mounting jig like they use in shops, good luck. From what I have heard, every now and then they might show up on Ebay or be for sale when a shop closes down, but they go quick...
mdj032

Post by mdj032 »

i do not have the bindins yet but i will be getting them soon. but could you buy one of those paper templates that is shown in the how to section under inserts.
krp8128

Post by krp8128 »

Alpine or tele?

Alpine bindeings, no, you can't. You'd have tog o with what I said above. You might be able to find other paper templates with a little searching.

As far as I know, tele bindings will come with a paper template like shown int he how to section.
mdj032

Post by mdj032 »

i'm going to try to make snow blades so they will be alpine.

so all i need to do is get the binding trace the holes out on a paper practice a few times to see if i get the holes right and i'm done?
Wannabebuilder

Post by Wannabebuilder »

krp8128

Post by krp8128 »

The template shown in the tgr ling is good, that is where I made mine from (when I did it there was not a 325mm BSL template).

I thought snowblades used a special binding?

My only othe suggestion would be build real skis. You'll get less crap from people and have more fun. Snowblades were a fad that has ended.
mdj032

Post by mdj032 »

well snow blades do use non release bindings but you can put alpine bindings on too. the reson for snow blades is because i have 177cm salomon skis already but when ever i try to do rails, pipes, or any other trick i kill my self because they are so big and heavy. so these would be mainly for rails and the park. they won't really be true snow blades because they will be around 110cm i just want to make a short, light weight ski for the park.

(thanks for the site)
http://tetongravity.com/forums/showthre ... t+template
camhard

Post by camhard »

you'll be the target of so much hate, especially if you take those in the park. sure, there's a little more weight with a bigger ski, but they also have a lot of benefits. personally I like a 182cm in the park (but I'm fairly tall). What model are you riding and how tall are you. there really shouldn't be that much of a problem, particularly on rails. with short skis, you wont do very well on jumps at all. do what you want, but I would strongly recommend that you reconsider making such small skis. honestly, if you can't ride pipe or even just slide a rail, you probably need more practice a lot more than you need different skis. I don't want to sound mean, but that's what a lot of other people are going to think too, except they'll be a lot more demeaning when they voice they're opinions.
mdj032

Post by mdj032 »

well these would be for what you said, to practice rails and pipes. i can do boxes (flat down, rainbow, and hex) preaty well with my current skis(salomon x-scream 177cm). i can do 360 slides and stuff like that. the thing is that my skis are just regular alpine skis not twin tips. so getting on and off backwards is difficult because i am still learning how to do other more difficult slides. i am 6" 1' and weigh 175 lbs. though i guess now rethinking this snowblade idea isn't that great of an idea and i guess now i'll make a longer ski.
rockaukum

Post by rockaukum »

I say "go for it!"
rockaukum
mdj032

Post by mdj032 »

ya though i'll have to save up a lot of money before i can start because i am still in high school. so i'll probably make them in july or august